Groups
    EXPIRED

Best rc drone for around £50

We're looking for a rc drone for our 14 year old to make up his Christmas presents. The market is blimmin' well saturated with the things so we don't have the first clue which to get. We don't want one of those tiny things, so anything of a decent size and build quality up to about the £50 mark

8 Comments

If your Kid so happens to like the Call of duty brand then maybe looks into getting the Black Ops 2 Limited edition care package. You get the Game, various DLC and a real cool looking RC Drone. Little expensive but great collectors item.

Original Poster

The pack looks great but the drone is made from styrofoam so I wouldn't imagine it could be used outside. Its a pity because it really looks the mutts.

laptopsdirect.co.uk/min…asp

I don't know a thing about this company but I've been looking at this one.

There is this one at MenKind - x6 quadcopter

£79.99 but then if you use code MKXMAS you get 10% off and there is also an exclusive 10% Cashback with Quidco or just over 5% with TopCashback. Slightly over your budget but it looks awesome.

They have some others as well as helicopters etc, so you might want to have a look.

These are pretty highly rated.

Hubsan X4

X4

Bet recommendation is to do some research into the battery and buy a spare or two, so you can switch them out, nothing worse than having to wait an hour whilst a battery charges!

Original Poster

Yeah I've been looking at the Hubsan X4 and Syma X5C. The X5C looks to be the better of the 2 but all the sellers are all in China or Hong Kong for flips sake.

That x6 looks amazing too. I'll speak to my wife about it when she gets home.

As above, for a beginner the Hubsan X4 is supposed to be a good starting point.
    The £50 budget pretty much rules out anything larger than micro quads.
    I've just bought my son a quad from hobbyking but he already has a good RC transmitter so I went for a 'Bind to Fly' model.

mickrick

Yeah I've been looking at the Hubsan X4 and Syma X5C. The X5C looks to be … Yeah I've been looking at the Hubsan X4 and Syma X5C. The X5C looks to be the better of the 2 but all the sellers are all in China or Hong Kong for flips sake.That x6 looks amazing too. I'll speak to my wife about it when she gets home.

Got mine on ebay from uk seller. Just change the search parameters to local sellers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671404
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2729
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111019
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553770

See more discussions