Groups

Best, Reasonably priced Android phone

Hi all,

My Oneplus one has been in and out of a bootloop all week and I need something more reliable. Im willing to spend, lets say up to £300 but could stretch slightly for something quality.

Im on a sim only so I ideally want to buy a phone outright, looking at the nexus 6p but all deals are upwards of £360 now and from retailers Ive not heard of. Ive never touched Huaweis other phones, Ive had Samsungs in the past but grew tired of touchwiz.

Any recommendations are highly welcomes, especially if you have personal experience with said phone.

Thanks in advance.

13 Comments

got a nexus 5x... Not the highest spec ever but camera is good and it's quick enough for daily stuff. just don't buy the 16gb!

Original Poster

richardrenshaw1

got a nexus 5x... Not the highest spec ever but camera is good and it's … got a nexus 5x... Not the highest spec ever but camera is good and it's quick enough for daily stuff. just don't buy the 16gb!

I was looking at this, argos have it on offer, but to my surprise...no stock lol

Go Chinese phone. Loads listed here.

Original Poster

wayners

Go Chinese phone. Loads listed here.

I did this with the OPO, Ive had a few issues over the last year and a bit with bootloops, I literally install apps only from the playstore, I dont mess with it but the bootloops keep happening

I had the lg g4 that had the well documented hardware bootloop fault. Lg would not fix even though they extended the warranty for all. Not me though as I bought it second hand as nearly new off ebay. All phones have there common software and hardware faults it seems but I have gone xiaomi redmi note 3 3i Kate international with band 20. Loving the phone and for £140 I'll buy another if it dies. Nexus x5 is midrange basic spec now with support ending in less than a year. No thanks. Can do better. Big price flag ship phones I'll give a miss to. The xiaomi mi max announced 2 days ago would me my next purchase if they do a band 20 version and the price drops to £250 ish. Then I'll give this phone to a family member

It's the Xiaomi mi mix. Auto correction.. Dam keyboard.. Not the mi max

Original Poster

wayners

It's the Xiaomi mi mix. Auto correction.. Dam keyboard.. Not the mi max

yeah i know the one, bonkers looking phone but would love it

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

yeah i know the one, bonkers looking phone but would love it

my main issue is i need a phone like tomorrow or Saturday as my phone is 10000000% dead

I went for an Honor 5x when my s4 mini died.
    For a whole £182 it's a cracking phone. Dual sim, as well as a slot for a SDcard.
    You can have both active, but only one is 3 or 4G, the other is just 2G.
    It's got a good camera too.

About the only thing I've found it lacking is NFC. But then I've never missed it.

And it is from Amazon, so you can get it now.

amazon.co.uk/Hon…+5x

What ? No love for the Huawei P9?

How about a Moto g4 or a Mi Max or Redmi Note 3.

One plus 3

Original Poster

HamanBasher

One plus 3

​Not feeling another one plus. This one has given me too much drama
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11