Found 19th Nov 2009
Big sci fi fan and having seen the recent star trek and moon i want to see more sci fi's

Ive seen most of the old classic sci fi's so looking to any recent decent ones anyone can recommend

Daniel

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

2012 is good!saw it yesterday and was quite impressed

knowing was good................. till i watched the end

Banned

Didn't think much of Moon.

Hmmm. Its a big ask!

Into classics?

Have you seen Quatermass and the Pit?

Have you seen the island? Underrated imo

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Teal"]im gonna shock you but i really liked I Am Legend![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6942807

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Teal"]im gonna shock you but i … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Teal"]im gonna shock you but i really liked I Am Legend![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

me too!
and cloverfield! :oops:

Banned

missp27;6942843

me too!and cloverfield! :oops:

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]prefer Legend, but yeah I thought Cloverfield was ok too. Just over hyped.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Legend was much better than cloverfield, although when i watched cloverfield it was on a plane trip to Florida, and i fell asleep half way through!!

Legend was great, can't see the forthcoming prequel being much cop though

While it's not a film, my favourite recent Sci-fi is Battlestar Galactica.

John

for tv sci fi tv series i would highly recommend the new V series looking great also flashforward,fringe, heroes much better this season warehouse 13 and for non sci fi highly recommend the mentalist and lie to me . hope you enjoy these.

serenity it did take star wars mantle as best sci fi movie

District 9 - very good though not the film of the year as some people say

Terminator 4 - I liked it though it's not as good as 1 & 2

]Ink - a low budget film but very good

Banned

barneydog;6945402

District 9 - very good though not the film of the year as some people … District 9 - very good though not the film of the year as some people sayTerminator 4 - I liked it though it's not as good as 1 & 2]Ink - a low budget film but very good

thanks for ink - looks good

I thought Moon was better than District 9 but hated T4.

2012 is amazingly bad. Great effects but even they got tedious after 2.5 hours! :w00t:

csiman;6945479

thanks for ink - looks goodI thought Moon was better than District 9 but … thanks for ink - looks goodI thought Moon was better than District 9 but hated T4.2012 is amazingly bad. Great effects but even they got tedious after 2.5 hours! :w00t:

I forgot about Moon :oops:, another good movie :thumbsup:

I haven't got round to 2012 yet so haven't had that displeasure yet:w00t:

Banned

barneydog;6945519

I forgot about Moon :oops:, another good movie :thumbsup:I haven't got … I forgot about Moon :oops:, another good movie :thumbsup:I haven't got round to 2012 yet so haven't had that displeasure yet:w00t:

its ludicrous. The main stars get luckier than Rambo running through a field with 2000 machine guns shooting at him

It is more of a comedy really (unintentionally I think :thinking:)

csiman;6945550

its ludicrous. The main stars get luckier than Rambo running through a … its ludicrous. The main stars get luckier than Rambo running through a field with 2000 machine guns shooting at him It is more of a comedy really (unintentionally I think :thinking:)

Sounds like one of those films you've got to be half canned to enjoy then ;-)

Banned

District 9
Outlander - flew under the radar a bit but definitely check it out. It's Vikings vs. Angry Alien with Jim Cavaziel
Primer - it's a low budget independent Time Travel film. It's a real thinking mans sci-fi.
Battlestar Galactica new series
Fringe - it's X-Files with SFX and funnier

That's about it really. It's been pretty slim pickings. Avoid Pandorum, it's garbage. To be honest, if you're looking for good Sci-Fi entertainment, perhaps you should play Bioshock or Mass Effect on a console/pc. They have great storylines and sci-fi content.

Banned

barneydog;6945566

Sounds like one of those films you've got to be half canned to enjoy then … Sounds like one of those films you've got to be half canned to enjoy then ;-)

fully tinned up I would say.

and you have to have more powers of belief suspension than those who watch flashforward :giggle:

Agree with Hkem - Primer is ace - although the last 20mins screw your head up!

I'd also recommend Los Cronocrimenes (Time Crimes#) - a Spanish film (currently being remade in English I believe)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Windows 7 reactivation57
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    3. Wireless earphones46
    4. I5 7600k vs i5 740045

See more discussions