Best renewal with sky after last offer

Found 22nd Oct 2017
Last year many on here including myself signed up to sky with 75% off the full package and £100 credit to your account
I have to give my 30 days notice as others will be doing but what are you being offered to stay
I know everyone blags different deals but what's being offered before I cancel and haggle a deal tonight ?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
None Cancel and haggle, if they don’t come with an offer you like, leave, they will come back a few days later and should offer a better offer!
I also did the 75% + £100 last year so due to end around now.

Sky emailed to say they would continue the 75% off on an on-going basis after the year was up so now around £8 monthly rather than £32 monthly based on last years figures.
Cancelled and phoned up and they offered 40% off on the spot, subject to an 18m commitment
40%?

50% is what anyone can get. Don't accept.
Original Poster
50 minutes of my life I'll never get back
Refused to reduce then eventually offered 20% off , hardly a reduction
He said sky are now rewarding loyal customers so will put a stop to people cancelling then going back as a new customer for a better deal
So if I go back as a new customer I won't get 20% off , oh well
I'll ring back a few days before it's cancelled and speak to someone else
Offered me 50% off earlier and wanted to charge me £10 admin fee...jog on!
My deal up last month, sent email saying i was leaving, so when u actually phone to confirm, the notice date is from when the email is sent. Phoned 3 weeks later and got 60% of within 5 mins, would not budge on price of second box so cancelled second box, offered 6 months half price multiroom in email since, dont want it, they will prob send another soon with 12 months half price multiroom. So full entertainment package with box set reduced from £38 to £15.20, if u add anything else it too will be 60% off
Edited by: "njdbaxter" 22nd Oct 2017
We get one or two sky offers through the letter box per week. Always 60% off. Cheaper with Now tv though. So we just bin them.
I managed to get 60% and £25 credit, I have the older sky box on the box sets bundle.
In last month of 75% £100, going to£92 soon, when I called to cancel last week was offered 50% off some things making it £55 p/m. No thanks.
Tried again today and only got 40% and £63 p/m.
I'll keep waiting for now.
Original Poster
Was offered 50% off , £25 credit and no minimum contract
Nothing has been posted on this thread since the end of October and I was wondering what anybody else had managed to wangle since then.

I am one of the members that haggled for 75% off last November and I'm now in negotiations with Sky for the next contract.

The best I've been told (without cancelling - yet ) is 50%, no account credit and an 18 month contract. This means £19/month for the Box Sets package (Variety + Box Sets/HD). Not interested in Sky Sports, Movies etc. so this is the package I'd like to keep. If I go for a rolling contract it's full price at £38/month.

I have seen that someone said that they had a rolling monthly contract and someone else had 12 months.

What's the best deal I can hold out for and is it still best to cancel and wait for the "come back to Sky" offers?

Thanks for any help
tepbloke22nd Nov

Nothing has been posted on this thread since the end of October and I was …Nothing has been posted on this thread since the end of October and I was wondering what anybody else had managed to wangle since then.I am one of the members that haggled for 75% off last November and I'm now in negotiations with Sky for the next contract.The best I've been told (without cancelling - yet ) is 50%, no account credit and an 18 month contract. This means £19/month for the Box Sets package (Variety + Box Sets/HD). Not interested in Sky Sports, Movies etc. so this is the package I'd like to keep. If I go for a rolling contract it's full price at £38/month.I have seen that someone said that they had a rolling monthly contract and someone else had 12 months.What's the best deal I can hold out for and is it still best to cancel and wait for the "come back to Sky" offers?Thanks for any help

Best deals tend to only come once you've given notice to cancel. I didn't get a decent offer until that happened. Got 40% off Sky box sets bundle on a rolling monthly contract, so if needed, I could possible try to wrangle more and try for 50% off but I didn't want to spend more time.
Thanks for the reply. I am loathe to put in a cancellation, as I've just gone through a process to patch over a short break in my "tenure" (now back to 15+ years continuous Sky subscription) which gives me the option of a free Sky Q box if I re-contract. I've been with Sky pretty much since they started in the UK and now getting keen to sort this latest renewal out.

Every time I speak to one of their advisors, it seems like they move the goal posts. I have now been talking to them for about 6 weeks and thought I had a deal sorted at 40% off the Variety bundle and new Sky Q 2Tb box for free (no installation cost). The latest advisor now tells me that they can only give me the box without installation cost if I take the additional mini box (multi-room) for another £12/month. I strongly suspect that this is BS, as this has never been mentioned before and monthly costs have always been around £19-22/month.

Does anyone know if being the top VIP tier (can't remember if it's black or diamond) means a no install cost for Sky Q box on it's own, or if you now have to take the mini box as well and pay an additional £12/month?
Edited by: "tepbloke" 7th Jan
So here's the update on where I am now.

After a really good start talking with an adviser (the same one) numerous times before Xmas, he has declined to call me to finalise the deal that a woman I spoke to (his supervisor/manager) offered me. The woman has also had messages to call, but failed to do so. Cowards !!!

For the moment, I am happy that they have removed Box Sets/HD bit of the contract and left me with just the Variety bundle. My account has a rolling one month contract with a 50% discount applied, meaning I pay just £16/month.

I'm happy with this for the time being, as it gives me time to wait for a few months before digging for another deal again.

I may have to threaten cancellation to get a good deal, but I can always stop that before the end of the notice period if they don't play ball.

Anyone else had better luck???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants