Groups

Best rewards when buying fuel

Fuel?

I have a company car and get the use of a fuel card (so the cost of fuel isn't an issue) and I have always wondered where to get the best rewards. Please share your thoughts!!

I've investigated the below;

Morrisons

£1 = 10 points

For every 5000 Morrisons points you collect, you receive £5.00 in vouchers.

*£50 of fuel = £0.50 in vouchers*

Shell

£1 = 1 point

For every 500 Shell Drivers' Club points you collect, you receive £2.50 in Shell Fuel Vouchers.

*£50 of fuel = £0.25 in vouchers*

Tesco

£2 = 1 point

For every 500 clubcard point you collect, you receive £5.00 in Tesco Clubcard Vouchers.

*£50 of fuel = £0.25 in vouchers*

Esso (Tesco Alliance)

£3 = 1 point

For every 500 clubcard point you collect, you receive £5.00 in Tesco Clubcard Vouchers.

*£50 of fuel = £0.16 in vouchers*

BP

1L = 1 point

For every 500 nectar points you collect, you receive £2.50 nectar vouchers.

*£50 of fuel = £0.20 in vouchers*

(115p average per litre)

Any others??

21 Comments

Thanks for posting

sainsburys - nector

1ltr = 1 point
    2pts = 1p min value
    £50 fuel = (40 litres @£1.15) = 40 points / £0.20p

Same as BP . . .doh

Edited by: "BobIzYaUncle" 9th Jan

Use Amex too

So seems morrisons is best value . . .but my car doesnt run very well on morrisons diesel.

Did you know, morrisons diesel contains upto 8% biodiesel and my 2008 golf has a warning sticker on the fuel flap, not to use bio fuel

Although, my 2004 corsa 1.7 cdti ran best on morrisons fuel so what suits one may not suit another. I mostly use sainsburys
    Edited by: "BobIzYaUncle" 9th Jan

Don't forget to use the cheapest garage/station

Shell drivers club get 2 points for their nitro fuel but thats an average 15p more per litre

s2_ytb

Best rewards when buying fuel...Any others??

1) Not dying in a fireball because you are wearing a shell* suit, or using your mobile telephone.

* Other oil & gas companies are available.

2) Managing to leave the forecourt without depositing your monthly salary on the counter because your kids are hungry.

3) Remembering which side the fuel filler cap is located without looking at the arrow on your instrument display.

Original Poster

BobIzYaUncle

sainsburys - nector1ltr = 1 point2pts = 1p min value£50 fuel = (40 litres … sainsburys - nector1ltr = 1 point2pts = 1p min value£50 fuel = (40 litres @£1.15) = 40 points / £0.20pSame as BP . . .doh

40L = 40points = £0.20p

Original Poster

You edited whilst I corrected lol apologies

xbox360man

Use Amex too

Best cashback by far.

Well the best way to save money is fill a 5l can up when you fill the company car up and then pour it into your wife's car. That's over £5 saved every fill up.*

*Disclaimer. You will probably get sacked if caught.

airfix

Don't forget to use the cheapest garage/station

But the OP has a fuelcard and so presumably doesn't pay for his fuel, so wouldn't it be better to use the most expensive garage he can find because more £'s spent = more points (except BP), or have I misunderstood?

Sainsburies have offers on to, like double points on next top up, and sometimes do 10x nectar points.

is that true about the biodiesel in Morrison's?
    Should all VW engines avoid it?

With a Tesco credit card you can use that to claim your points and pay on your fuel card. Using this get a you 1 point per £. I do this and the points really rack up!

Thanks for posting OP but I just can't help thinking... whoop-i-doo.

Delbert Grady

But the OP has a fuelcard and so presumably doesn't pay for his fuel, so … But the OP has a fuelcard and so presumably doesn't pay for his fuel, so wouldn't it be better to use the most expensive garage he can find because more £'s spent = more points (except BP), or have I misunderstood?

Ignore airfix. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Bless.

Edited by: "deeky" 10th Jan

deeky

Ignore airfix. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Bless.

Maybe there should be an incentive to buy the cheapest fuel for your company to pay for. Seems daft to waste money for a few pence of rewards.

airfix

Maybe there should be an incentive to buy the cheapest fuel for your … Maybe there should be an incentive to buy the cheapest fuel for your company to pay for. Seems daft to waste money for a few pence of rewards.

That's what you meant ain't it? X)

deeky

That's what you meant ain't it? X)

OFC, in my position where I am the company I wouldn't give myself a fuel card to buy the most expensive diesel, I'd still buy cheapest because that would be cheaper

airfix

OFC, in my position where I am the company I wouldn't give myself a fuel … OFC, in my position where I am the company I wouldn't give myself a fuel card to buy the most expensive diesel, I'd still buy cheapest because that would be cheaper

OoooOOOooh, you've got your serious head on X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions