best royal mail service to use

10 replies
Found 16th Oct 2008
Hi i sold a ps3 and want to post it at my post office,i was wondering which service is the safest?need to be coverd by insurance i guess and for the buyer needing to sign for it too.

thanks

10 Comments

special by 1pm. costs a bit to post a ps3 but the best

It will have to be special recorded delivery!! I have sent items by just recorded and have got lost!! Make sure you take up the higher compensation, I think cost an extra quid! best of luck

RichKid10123;3214024

beat me to it... lol

Original Poster

RichKid10123;3214024

thanks,i charged the buyer £20 would this cover special delivery?thanks

strobez1977;3214039

thanks,i charged the buyer £20 would this cover special delivery?thanks

I have sent couple of laptops a few months back by Special delivery and cost me between £24 - £27 depending on weight!! So I think you should be fine under £20! best of luck... let us know how you get on.

Why dont you post it 1-2 Day courier with same insurance coverage? you'd get it for £15 if not less I reckon.

zish_uk;3214025

It will have to be special recorded delivery!! I have sent items by just … It will have to be special recorded delivery!! I have sent items by just recorded and have got lost!! Make sure you take up the higher compensation, I think cost an extra quid! best of luck

extra quid? itll cost about £20 to post it.

I posted a large item a couple of weeks back and the guy in the post office was pretty good, said it woudl be like £23 for special delivery which I thought was the only option and then said but if you do parcel farce then its only £19.45 so went with that - worth asking.

zish_uk;3214025

It will have to be special recorded delivery!! I have sent items by just … It will have to be special recorded delivery!! I have sent items by just recorded and have got lost!! Make sure you take up the higher compensation, I think cost an extra quid! best of luck

Sorry but there is no such thing as 'special recorded delivery'. Its either Special Delivery or Signed for - two different services.

Strobez - depending on the weight and value check out the prices of parcelforce 24 and 48. You get a signature with these services but you dont with ordinary parcelforce.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1013
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226654
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769620
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…55

See more discussions