Groups

Best (safest and most reliable) way to send package worth £2,000?

Its a PC thats being sent in for repair. Not familiar with courier services. Appreciate any help.

24 Comments

Use John mclane

Is it far? That value maybe best to do it yourself? Or family member? And make a day trip out of it?

I would take it myself! Did a 400 mile round trip 15 months ago as I couldn't get postage for less than the cost of petrol!

You could try Royal Mail special delivery otherwise - as long as it is well packed - in theory you can get it insured - in practice - at a Post Office, I couldn't, it might be different online

Original Poster

Jonwilkie

Use John mclane 8)Is it far? That value maybe best to do it yourself? Or … Use John mclane 8)Is it far? That value maybe best to do it yourself? Or family member? And make a day trip out of it?

Hmm didnt think of that. Google says its an hour away, might be worth it seeing as ill do myself in if a £2000 PC gets damaged in transit.

Yeah take a walk see a different city centre, grab a lunch, get a premier in Room and go out on a sash best of luck bud

£29.40 with Royal Mail Special Delivery with insurance upto £2,500 providing the package is under 10KG.

Although depending on the distance, it may be worth a drive. You say that it is being repaired? Is this part of the warranty? Have you tried asking the repairer if they offer a courier collection option, therefore they would then be responsible for the package once it has been collected.

EDIT: Just seen above it's only 1 hour away, it would probably be worthwhile just to make the trip yourself, at least you'll have peace of mind.
    Edited by: "joshp" 22nd Feb

If it's only a hour do it yourself as a pc is a large and delicate item good luck.

if its only an hour away take it yourself that way you know it arrived safely.

if not, use parcel2go its like a comparison site for couriers gives you the options.

What is wrong with the PC? Just curious.

Original Poster

Thanks guys

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

My 2nd GPU isnt being recognized by the PC, the people i bought the PC from think it could be the motherboard after I did a few tests.

Hermes

A13

Hermes

wouldn't trust hermes if you paid me

ritchiedrama

A13

Hermes

Did you see what I wrote above? Is it covered by warranty? If so, they may be responsible for the courier costs anyhow.

I would personally avoid Hermes with a £200 parcel let alone something worth £2,000.

Jack-L92

My 2nd GPU isnt being recognized by the PC, the people i bought the PC … My 2nd GPU isnt being recognized by the PC, the people i bought the PC from think it could be the motherboard after I did a few tests.

​more than likely the motherboard yes.

I wouldn't courier a PC with anyone of any value. Too delicate, drop it off yourself.

Jack-L92

My 2nd GPU isnt being recognized by the PC, the people i bought the PC … My 2nd GPU isnt being recognized by the PC, the people i bought the PC from think it could be the motherboard after I did a few tests.

Have you tried putting the 2nd GPU in the 1st GPU slot to see if its the GPU/Mobo slot? :]

Caroline_1993

wouldn't trust hermes if you paid me

If he paid you, would you be willing to deliver it?

BagABargain78

If he paid you, would you be willing to deliver it?

No

FFS an hour away. Why are you even asking? oO

u probably better of returning the item and getting a refund if the company u buy a 2k pc off doesnt even offer a proper collection and returns process on faulty goods. lucky u live close by otherwise it could be worse

royalfail special delivery probably best option for insurance purposes

Caroline_1993

No

That answers that question.

I would only chose Frank Martin for shipping of expensive n important things
    He also only drives Audis

Caroline_1993

if its only an hour away take it yourself that way you know it arrived … if its only an hour away take it yourself that way you know it arrived safely. if not, use parcel2go its like a comparison site for couriers gives you the options.

Parcel2go use hermes and all the the other cheap crap, took 2 weeks for them to pick up from a locker and only online help no phone numbers real crap service i had.
    Edited by: "waterloo" 22nd Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions