Best Sat Nav app for USA?

Found 26th Aug 2015
Looking for advice on the best Sat Nav app for android from those that have used them in America (Florida specifically if possible)

Last year I used MapFactor which was good but I found it a little slow giving the next step when cornering. Missed a couple of turns/exits while it caught up.

What I'm looking for:

Free app, free map downloads for use offline (to save on data costs),speed limit displayed, lane assist, good search functionality for shops etc as having an address isn't always possible, ability to save locations. Anything else is a bonus.

Thanks folks!
Community Updates
AskSat NavApp
16 Comments
Original Poster
I do have Tomtom Go installed on my phone at the moment and when I go to the map section, it seems to suggest I can download the map for Florida but I'm not sure if it'll charge me or work when I get there. if anyone has tried this then advice for that would help also.
it's not free (think I paid £3 or £4 for it) but co-pilot is good. maps are preloaded on your device so you're only using GPS.
Used it in FL, CA, NV and AZ.
I've got an app called "here" for our Florida holiday. download map for your desired region, then tick box for use offline. free and doesn't use data
Here Maps is an amazing solution for offline maps. It pretty much does what you wanted from a free nav app. However I have only tried this on the Windows Phone and in the UK and it is fantastic! There is a version for android but im not exactly sure if it's any good.
Original Poster
u664541

it's not free (think I paid £3 or £4 for it) but co-pilot is good. maps a … it's not free (think I paid £3 or £4 for it) but co-pilot is good. maps are preloaded on your device so you're only using GPS.Used it in FL, CA, NV and AZ.

​I'm too cheap to pay £3 haha. Thanks for the advice.
nav free worked a treat last year in ca
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 26th Aug 2015
Original Poster
AL1S0N

I've got an app called "here" for our Florida holiday. download map for … I've got an app called "here" for our Florida holiday. download map for your desired region, then tick box for use offline. free and doesn't use data

​Have you used this in Florida yet or planning to? I've heard good things about that app but the roads are quite different over there so not sure if it works as well or if there's something better. Thanks for the advice.
Original Poster
mattmerch

nav free

​Have you used this overseas?
I used Here in California this year and it worked great.
Shouldn't say this but have you looked online for any cracked navigon apk -you download to pic then load onto phone - the one I found and used in Florida at Easter was fine and you don't need Internet it works on gps
I haven't used yet, but its a favourite of Dibb (Florida forum) users
Original Poster
splodge67

Shouldn't say this but have you looked online for any cracked navigon apk … Shouldn't say this but have you looked online for any cracked navigon apk -you download to pic then load onto phone - the one I found and used in Florida at Easter was fine and you don't need Internet it works on gps

​No I've not looked into that. Is it worth the effort or do that or are the free apps just as good/better?
Original Poster
AL1S0N

I haven't used yet, but its a favourite of Dibb (Florida forum) users

​That's good to know, cheers.
I like the Navigon basically because it's an offline one and it offers 3 different ways of getting to your destination (also found ones for Europe and Australia )
Hastie86

​Have you used this overseas?

used this in california couple of times with a 3 payg sim
Here seems pretty good, though one thing you may find annoying is that is does not call "straight ahead" at junctions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants