Groups

Best Screen Capture Software

Hi HUKDers,
    I'm looking for the best screen recording software that I can use to make tutorials of software for the likes of youtube. Would need to have sound and possibly a zoom in/out feature.

Cheers Pop Pickers

9 Comments

http://i28.tinypic.com/281ydc3.jpg

Naeem786;2383961

You are right, but the OP needs to record sound too, but I suppose with powerpoint it can be done.

u gonna do ]this? we look forward to it!

Original Poster

Predikuesi;2384046

You are right, but the OP needs to record sound too, but I suppose with … You are right, but the OP needs to record sound too, but I suppose with powerpoint it can be done.

really needing to produce an AVI file of 5-10 minutes with sound.
    showing what icons/buttons I click.

Banned

My littleun wanted to do this to capture various online games hes playing so he can post them on youtube. Managed to get what was supposed to be a good package - but the framerate during the game dropped to virtually nothing! He's not got a great graphics card in the machine, buts half decent for normal stuff - obviously not good enough for this!

I think that ]camtesia is one of the best, you can get a free trial as noted in a post above but its a commercial product.

I've also had good results with ]CamStudio and its a good free alternative to Camtasia.

If you run Linux then you could try ]recordMyDesktop.

Hope this helps.
    f.

Try FRAPS fraps.com/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions