Best shampoo for dandruff ?

Found 26th May
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a good anti-dandruff shampoo that actually does work? Thanks
Community Updates
22 Comments
what have u tried? i use the generic £1 wash2go shampoo and conditioner, it works ok but i have really bad dry skin which means i use oils to help with itchiness and dryness. i’ve tried so many shampoos i just have to live with it now i guess
Ive used all kinds. Mostly cheapish ones £1-£2, tried Tgel but i didnt like it because it left my hair looking greasy.

I guess we just have to live with it 😩
have you tried head and shoulder anti dandruff shampoo?
Head and shoulders
Coal tar shampoo works well
Nizoral.
Cheers. Never heard of some of them so will check them out. Thanks
Vosene, no sure if they still do it??
Try Nizarol or polytar
If you can put coconut oil daily at night and several times a week wash with coal tar. This should clear itchiness and should get rid of dandruff.
Tesco's anti-dandruff works for me. Also head and shoulders. Asda and aldi version didn't work.
sydney8712 m ago

If you can put coconut oil daily at night and several times a week wash …If you can put coconut oil daily at night and several times a week wash with coal tar. This should clear itchiness and should get rid of dandruff.

I don’t get itchy really, i only notice it when my hair is longer and also when i cut my hair i notice it on the clippings.
SteMoss2 m ago

I don’t get itchy really, i only notice it when my hair is longer and also …I don’t get itchy really, i only notice it when my hair is longer and also when i cut my hair i notice it on the clippings.

The above should still work if you have the patience and don’t mind the smell of bounty or coal tar.
Head and shoulders clinical. Tried t-gel but didn’t seem to work as well as H&S Clinical.
I had terrible dandruff for years. Tried everything, nothing worked. About two years ago my grandchildren stayed round of house and we realised they had head lice, it was doing the rounds of the schools. We treated their heads and ours. The next day my dandruff was gone. It hasn't returned. At all.

I contacted the manufacturers and asked about this, they said that one of the active ingredients had exceptionally good anti fungal properties.
It was Hedren, 'Once'. Now over 2 years and no dandruff!!
Nizoral gets my vote too - Dr advised me to get some and has worked for me!
Soak and float shampoo bar from Lush
Polytar works.

Get mine from boots.

Head and shoulders can make it worse. It did with me. Irritated my scalp. I use polytar. Not had any issues since.
I suffered for years with a very flaky itchy scalp I could literally pull flakes off in clumps it was pretty bad nothing worked, eventually the doctor prescribed me Nizoral, I used it 3 times a week for 12 months in between a normal shampoo the change in my scalp was amazing no longer bumpy and itchy but now smooth and I can use any shampoo no longer need Nizoral, Its important though that you leave it in your hair for about 5 mins on application.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 27th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants