Groups

Best Shampoo for men Recommendation

Right now I am using Head&Shoulders (Citrus - shampoo and conditioner) daily to wash my hair. Few days of it and I'm already seeing some hair loss/scalp. I would like to know what is the best shampoo I could use on a daily basis. Probably something light?

Right now I am considering:

- Johnson's Baby 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
    - Dove Hair Therapy Damage Solutions Intense Repair Shampoo
    - TRESemme (I have literately no clue which one. there is too many)

I have no clue which Shampoo is better tbh. maybe other brands?

Thanks

17 Comments

Do you suffer with dandruff?

shampoo may not be the cause of your hair loss. would be good to know your age. perhaps bit about your diet (vegetarian, meat eater, eats out a lot or cooks at home, any fruit and veg?).

Ive been using H&S and only issue for me was that is sped up my grey hair occurrence which was likely genetic

Edited by: "mattsk" 14th Sep 2016

Hi there,

Try Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo you don't need much and i found it works.
    In my opinion the 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners aren't as effective as separate products.

When washing your hair don't scratch the scalp this causes damage.

Pat dry your hair after washing it rough drying with towel will increase the loss of hair.

Also to much heat on your hair won't help ether so if you blow dry your hair don't cook it.

maybe you are just losing your hair, plenty of men do and it wont be the shampoo that is causing it.

I know I'll get voted down (not only by my normal followers) but purely by those that cannot comprehend.

Ever thought that washing your hair daily might not be the best thing? How many bold rastafarians or others with dreadlocks do you see?

Your hair/head/body needs it's natural chemicals to protect it and you are just not giving those natural chemicals any chance to survive - never mind protect

I'm in my 40's now, but over the past couple of years been trying different shampoo out on my hair. If you've got a BodyCare near you, I've been using Natural World Shampoo, they do a caffeine based shampoo as well as a Moroccan argan oil based shampoo, there is also a third variety but I've not tried that yet, their all available for under £1.50 as well and come in a very large bottle. My preference is for the Moroccan Argan Oil one, as it smells nice and brings my hair up just nice.

I've been told the Caffeine Shampoo is great for strengthening hair, may be worth a look.

Edited by: "FTCom" 14th Sep 2016

philphil61

I know I'll get voted down (not only by my normal followers) but purely … I know I'll get voted down (not only by my normal followers) but purely by those that cannot comprehend.Ever thought that washing your hair daily might not be the best thing? How many bold rastafarians or others with dreadlocks do you see?Your hair/head/body needs it's natural chemicals to protect it and you are just not giving those natural chemicals any chance to survive - never mind protect

I won't knock you down man. The are so many things in shampoo it's best avoided if possible. I shower every day which keeps my hair clean but only use shampoo once a week to keep the Mrs happy. But conditioner is the worse it contains the same chemicals people use to treat fences and varnish wood.

marvinpoole

Hi there,Try Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo you don't need much and i found it … Hi there,Try Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo you don't need much and i found it works.In my opinion the 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners aren't as effective as separate products.When washing your hair don't scratch the scalp this causes damage.Pat dry your hair after washing it rough drying with towel will increase the loss of hair.Also to much heat on your hair won't help ether so if you blow dry your hair don't cook it.

+ 1 for Alpecin. It's around £7 for the dandruff shampoo but well worth it. I used to use H&S but moved to this around 4 months ago and noticed a difference. Well worth it. And you don't need a lot. I use everyday and bottle lasts around 8 weeks.

PulisOut

I won't knock you down man. The are so many things in shampoo it's best … I won't knock you down man. The are so many things in shampoo it's best avoided if possible. I shower every day which keeps my hair clean but only use shampoo once a week to keep the Mrs happy. But conditioner is the worse it contains the same chemicals people use to treat fences and varnish wood.

Pff, that's small fry. The very air you breath contains the same chemicals used in rocket fuel, bleach and nitroglycerine.

philphil61

I know I'll get voted down (not only by my normal followers) but purely … I know I'll get voted down (not only by my normal followers) but purely by those that cannot comprehend.Ever thought that washing your hair daily might not be the best thing? How many bold rastafarians or others with dreadlocks do you see?Your hair/head/body needs it's natural chemicals to protect it and you are just not giving those natural chemicals any chance to survive - never mind protect

​I agree with you there's just no need to shampoo your hair every day. 2 or 3 times a week is more than enough.

If you go down the no washing route, as my brother in law has, be aware that it takes a few weeks for your hair and scalp to regain a natural balance, during which you will have quite greasy and lank hair. After that it seems to work quite well. He is 55 with a full head of dreads which look fine.

I use this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkj9qvf00Y1qj6v6co1_500.png

PulisOut

I won't knock you down man. The are so many things in shampoo it's best … I won't knock you down man. The are so many things in shampoo it's best avoided if possible. I shower every day which keeps my hair clean but only use shampoo once a week to keep the Mrs happy. But conditioner is the worse it contains the same chemicals people use to treat fences and varnish wood.

dont you think that by your definition most women would be bald by now?

mattsokolinski

dont you think that by your definition most women would be bald by now?

Were have I said shampoo will make you bald ? problem is the are so many unexplained aliments now. We wash too much, we are in fact too clean to be healthy and so are our homes. It's affecting our children because they are not building up the natural defences.

Get a big old bottle of tresseme. One bottle lasts me about a year of daily washes.

Original Poster

sherbolton

Do you suffer with dandruff?

Nope, i hope not. I wash my hair daily so...its been a while since I seen any.

mattsokolinski

shampoo may not be the cause of your hair loss. would be good to know … shampoo may not be the cause of your hair loss. would be good to know your age. perhaps bit about your diet (vegetarian, meat eater, eats out a lot or cooks at home, any fruit and veg?).Ive been using H&S and only issue for me was that is sped up my grey hair occurrence which was likely genetic

Ah, sorry for the lack of info.
    I'm 24. my diet? well, I hit the gym 3-4 days a week, so mainly 4 eggs (most days) and a lot of chicken. Tomato would probably be my only vegetable I eat at the moment. no fruit (rarely some plum/banana). I also eat Asian food my mother makes which seems...healthy? But due to time I microwave a lot of things. And protein shake (The Protein Works) ofcourse xD

marvinpoole

Hi there,Try Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo you don't need much and i found it … Hi there,Try Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo you don't need much and i found it works.In my opinion the 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners aren't as effective as separate products.When washing your hair don't scratch the scalp this causes damage.Pat dry your hair after washing it rough drying with towel will increase the loss of hair.Also to much heat on your hair won't help ether so if you blow dry your hair don't cook it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that.
    And thanks for the advice. I don't scratch my scalp when washing. I pat dry my hair with towel. and I blow dry my hair with a decent level heat.

philphil61

Yes, I totally agree. But At the moment I work in catering and due to the smoke and oil (and sweat) around me while working, its hard to not clean yourself. my hair gets greasy the next day. Also, I'm a bit of a hygiene freak and like to keep myself clean...so....

FTCom

I'm in my 40's now, but over the past couple of years been trying … I'm in my 40's now, but over the past couple of years been trying different shampoo out on my hair. If you've got a BodyCare near you, I've been using Natural World Shampoo, they do a caffeine based shampoo as well as a Moroccan argan oil based shampoo, there is also a third variety but I've not tried that yet, their all available for under £1.50 as well and come in a very large bottle. My preference is for the Moroccan Argan Oil one, as it smells nice and brings my hair up just nice.I've been told the Caffeine Shampoo is great for strengthening hair, may be worth a look.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it aswell.

airbus330

If you go down the no washing route, as my brother in law has, be aware … If you go down the no washing route, as my brother in law has, be aware that it takes a few weeks for your hair and scalp to regain a natural balance, during which you will have quite greasy and lank hair. After that it seems to work quite well. He is 55 with a full head of dreads which look fine.

hmm...not tried it before, but seems like a good idea, guess I'll think about it. thanks for your suggestion.

raptorcigs

I use this

I...hope you ain't trolling. But if not, I cannot see the brand of that product.
    Edited by: "AznAssassin" 15th Sep 2016

AznAssassin

gym 3-4 days a week, so mainly 4 eggs (most days) and a lot of chicken. … gym 3-4 days a week, so mainly 4 eggs (most days) and a lot of chicken. Tomato would probably be my only vegetable I eat at the moment. no fruit (rarely some plum/banana). I also eat Asian food my mother makes which seems...healthy? But due to time I microwave a lot of things. And protein shake (The Protein Works) ofcourse xD.

So you waste all that money on high protein diet that simply is not going to make any improvement in muscle gain and forget to eat healthy? And then you wonder you lose hair?
    you probably also avoid carbs thus whole grains. Put all that together and you are very likely to have small intake of zinc and b vitamins which are linked with hair loss.

cut down on protein shakes (they dont work for an average person)
    start eating fruit and veg
    and you hopefully will see some improvements

PS> how is your libido (that is a serious question since testosterone is significantly affected in people who exercise and dont eat healthy)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to European satellite tv43
      2. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???22
      3. cheap glasses websites67
      4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?620

See more discussions