Groups

Best shoes for work?

I have been on my feet for over 60 hours in the last 5 days at work and they are blistered and sore as hell!

So I need to replace my rather hard leather shoes with something some comfortable and more supple. I work in a bar/restaurant which I am helping to launch (thus the long hours) thus the shoes need to be enclosed, so no open crocs for example.

Crocs do a shoe type footwear which is quite suitable but £60 is a lot for them, but if needs must.

Thus asking you lovely people for recommendations.

22 Comments

Banned

crocs ahahaha ..

get some Dr Martin shoes .. like slippers for your plates.. used to pound the beat with em .. now wear Hang Wags.. the 4x4 of footwear

what about plain black trainers that might go with trousers?

Banned

ballet pumps:w00t:

Original Poster

dog_cop;8929043

crocs ahahaha ..get some Dr Martin shoes .. like slippers for your … crocs ahahaha ..get some Dr Martin shoes .. like slippers for your plates.. used to pound the beat with em .. now wear Hang Wags.. the 4x4 of footwear

Funny? My croc sandal type things are very comfy to walk in for hours, also what my fiancee wears at work often as well.
    Ill check out some Dr M's and Hang Wags, cheers.

numptyj;8929044

what about plain black trainers that might go with trousers?

A possibility but they have to be very plain trainers so they dont look like trainers, as I am a key member of staff I have to be setting an example as well. :thumbsup:

dog_cop;8929046

ballet pumps:w00t:

:w00t:

+1 crocs, i hear they're really comfortable :thumbsup:

DM's are good too, but only after you've broken them in

Original Poster

bigflump;8929146

+1 croc, i hear they're really comfortable :thumbsup:

cheers, i was trying to see if there were alternatives as well.

awoodhall2003;8929157

cheers, i was trying to see if there were alternatives as well.

Just dont do the sandals and sock thing.. it might be comfy but its not a good look :thumbsup:

Original Poster

bigflump;8929164

Just dont do the sandals and sock thing.. it might be comfy but its not … Just dont do the sandals and sock thing.. it might be comfy but its not a good look :thumbsup:

i hate that myself so trust me it wont be happening. Also as above due to bar/restaurant sandals will not be allowed by our health and safety. :thumbsup:

I wear Magnum's at work, they're really comfy. Not sure they're the kind of footwear you'd want to wear in a restaurant though...

]http//ww…om/

Banned

http://www.angloamerican.free-online.co.uk/magnum1.JPG

but they'd melt...

Original Poster

angelfairee;8929171

I wear Magnum's at work, they're really comfy. Not sure they're the kind … I wear Magnum's at work, they're really comfy. Not sure they're the kind of footwear you'd want to wear in a restaurant though...]http://www.magnumboots.com/

Defo not the boots, the shoes look ok though.

jubbyme;8929199

but they'd melt...

I was thinking:
    http://accesorizeyoursex.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/magreg.jpg

For reasonable priced shoes Hush Puppies all day long for comfort or possibly Kickers.

Hush Puppies or Clarks. Both cushioned

Original Poster

MarzBarz;8929219

For reasonable priced shoes Hush Puppies all day long for comfort or … For reasonable priced shoes Hush Puppies all day long for comfort or possibly Kickers.

4lyons09;8929253

Hush Puppies or Clarks. Both cushioned

I havent had Kickers since I was a kid!
    Hush puppies do have a good reputation...that is what I need something comfy/cushioned with support. Hopefully I can get a day off soon to go shopping for some!

get these Originals

http://images.esellerpro.com/102/W/142/14/lrgscale098565 W1.JPG

If you are OK with Clogs the flyflot ones are fab and like cushions!!

Currently £23 (£12 off) at shoeshop (online)
    shoe-shop.com/inv…123

TAH-M;8929469

If you are OK with Clogs the flyflot ones are fab and like … If you are OK with Clogs the flyflot ones are fab and like cushions!!Currently £23 (£12 off) at shoeshop (online)http://www.shoe-shop.com/invt/ss15123

I recommend flyflots too - really comfy.:thumbsup:

I'd recommend Flyflots too - they are so comfortable.

I have a pair for work and I'm on my feet for 8 hours per day. Never any trouble with blisters or the like. Mine aren't the clog style but to honest all of their shoes are comfy enough to wear all day long even the toe posts.

Hope this helps.

Andre,nip into M&S they do a range of shoes with sort of air/cushioned sole (cant remember the exact name of them)

I used to have a pair a couple of years ago for work,not the most fashionable things in the world but do the job if you are on your feet..alternatively as DC suggests a good pair of DM's wont put you wrong either

Would avoid the Crocs for obvious reasons

Banned

boothy;8929685

Andre,nip into M&S they do a range of shoes with sort of air/cushioned … Andre,nip into M&S they do a range of shoes with sort of air/cushioned sole (cant remember the exact name of them) I used to have a pair a couple of years ago for work,not the most fashionable things in the world but do the job if you are on your feet..alternatively as DC suggests a good pair of DM's wont put you wrong either

marksandspencer.com/Air…v-2

Try Clarks they have a sale on :thumbsup:

Banned

Docs are perfect = but change them for a period of time for another pair halfway through your shift , then put them back on - it helps cool your feet . . : )

Original Poster

rugger-tyke;8929314

get these Originals

Ill have a look after work, they look ok though.

Deek43;8929536

I recommend flyflots too - really comfy.:thumbsup:

suze;8929640

I'd recommend Flyflots too - they are so comfortable. I have a pair for … I'd recommend Flyflots too - they are so comfortable. I have a pair for work and I'm on my feet for 8 hours per day. Never any trouble with blisters or the like. Mine aren't the clog style but to honest all of their shoes are comfy enough to wear all day long even the toe posts.Hope this helps.

Flyflots...never heard of them but sound good, sound perfect actually will look after work.

boothy;8929685

Andre,nip into M&S they do a range of shoes with sort of air/cushioned … Andre,nip into M&S they do a range of shoes with sort of air/cushioned sole (cant remember the exact name of them) I used to have a pair a couple of years ago for work,not the most fashionable things in the world but do the job if you are on your feet..alternatively as DC suggests a good pair of DM's wont put you wrong eitherWould avoid the Crocs for obvious reasons

Cheers will look at them too. Avoid crocs for obvious reasons? I think your talking about the fact they have huge holes in them? If so the ones I was looking at are these:
    crocs.co.uk/cro…oes

DLM;8929713

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Airflex-E2-84-A2-Shoes-Mens/b/61845031?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=0RTH3C5NS3VN03SRAAXY&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=43572030&pf_rd_p=475115433&pf_rd_s=left-nav-2#viewID=results&rs=61845031&page=1&rh=n:61845031&showAll=&show60PerPage=&show12PerPage=&sort=price&isBrowse=1Try Clarks they have a sale on :thumbsup:

Cheers, not sure about Clarks as that is where my current shoes are from and theyre killing me!

tangramman;8929786

Docs are perfect = but change them for a period of time for another pair … Docs are perfect = but change them for a period of time for another pair halfway through your shift , then put them back on - it helps cool your feet . . : )

Looks like I need a day off work to go shopping and have a look at all of these!
    Today is my 8th day without a day off, and another upto 11 hours today! Then got work again tomorrow when we open to the public, but hopefully will have Wednesday off! :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions