Best signal booster

Found 11th May
Hi need some advice on best tv signal booster for a good signal in a built up area in a flat with a communal aerial tried one from Wilkos but did absolutely nothing didn’t even give a signal out !
So any advice would be great thanks x
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I have never found one that works well. They are designed to increase the signal you are getting, if your getting a awful signal it can make it worse as it's enhancing the rubbish signal
We had a signal. So we got one of these aerials. SLX aerial £59.45 at Screwfix (easy to take back of it doesn't work for you) or £45 on E Bay.
Looks a bit like a satellite receiver, but works exceptionally well. Sure it up without fixing it to the wall, and with it in your hands, titrate it while checking the picture. We get 100% signal and 100% quality, with no break up. Can't recommend it enough.
Or just get internet and watch catchup tv! I haven’t watched live tv for about 2-3 years!!!
mrty1 h, 33 m ago

We had a signal. So we got one of these aerials. SLX aerial £59.45 …We had a signal. So we got one of these aerials. SLX aerial £59.45 at Screwfix (easy to take back of it doesn't work for you) or £45 on E Bay.Looks a bit like a satellite receiver, but works exceptionally well. Sure it up without fixing it to the wall, and with it in your hands, titrate it while checking the picture. We get 100% signal and 100% quality, with no break up. Can't recommend it enough.

Sure it up and titrate, with no break up. What the fleck are you watching?
Wall mounted isn’t really any good
Pretty sure you pay for the up keep of this aerial so I would ask whoever owns the building lease to sort the signal out for you. You shouldn't need a separate amplifier as it will be built into the communal aerial distribution system
Edited by: "kester76" 11th May
Oneday771 h, 21 m ago

Sure it up and titrate, with no break up. What the fleck are you watching?

Set it up and rotate... Phone said that but it sent the other
kester761 h, 1 m ago

Pretty sure you pay for the up keep of this aerial so I would ask whoever …Pretty sure you pay for the up keep of this aerial so I would ask whoever owns the building lease to sort the signal out for you. You shouldn't need a separate amplifier as it will be built into the communal aerial distribution system

They private rent it through a letting agent who are proving to be a nightmare to fix anything even a dripping tap so will get her to ring them but doubt they will do anything
These boosters just increase the sugnal strength but rarely increase the signal quality hence no improvement in picture quality
So any ideas what she can do outdoor aerial is no good because of it being flats
Would a indoor one be any use ?
mrty15 h, 57 m ago

We had a signal. So we got one of these aerials. SLX aerial £59.45 …We had a signal. So we got one of these aerials. SLX aerial £59.45 at Screwfix (easy to take back of it doesn't work for you) or £45 on E Bay.Looks a bit like a satellite receiver, but works exceptionally well. Sure it up without fixing it to the wall, and with it in your hands, titrate it while checking the picture. We get 100% signal and 100% quality, with no break up. Can't recommend it enough.

Generally reception is proportional to aerial size and directionality, so a small omni-directional aerial will pick-up the least signal.

There are various reasons besides your old aerial being faulty that it could have worked for you. For example the frequencies on some transmitters have shifted over time.

janey702 h, 11 m ago

So any ideas what she can do outdoor aerial is no good because of it being …So any ideas what she can do outdoor aerial is no good because of it being flats Would a indoor one be any use ?

That's a tricky question to answer. It depends on why you're not getting signal. They'll do absolutely nothing if it's a poor signal area, but if the poor signal is caused by a mis-aligned/inappropriate/broken communal aerial then they may work.

Is there a building between the flat and the transmitter?

You can pick up decent ones like the Philex SLX 27769RG for under £20 so it may be worth a go.
Only other option is to ask if you can have a Freesat/sky dish installed. It's going to cost but you will get a decent signal at least.
Just did a quick post code check for signal in my area from what I can tell it’s all good
She can get all the channels and will show a lovely picture but then after a few minutes will start breaking up in to blocks and keep doing this retuned it as well
janey7056 m ago

Just did a quick post code check for signal in my area from what I can …Just did a quick post code check for signal in my area from what I can tell it’s all good She can get all the channels and will show a lovely picture but then after a few minutes will start breaking up in to blocks and keep doing this retuned it as well

Does it break up on all channels?

Not all channels are broadcast at the same strength or same frequency, so you'd generally see breakup due to a weak signal on some channels before others.

Are there multiple TVs in the flat?
Is this only on freeview? Freeview is affected by 4G. The is a company set up to help if you are getting interference from 4G signals, they give help for free. Look here at800 .

33787586-CWbxL.jpg
Edited by: "mrty" 12th May
EndlessWaves5 h, 52 m ago

Does it break up on all channels?Not all channels are broadcast at the …Does it break up on all channels?Not all channels are broadcast at the same strength or same frequency, so you'd generally see breakup due to a weak signal on some channels before others. Are there multiple TVs in the flat?

Not to sure if it breaks up on all think it does I’ve just asked her and only one tv in flat
Another thing that may not help the signal is there is tram lines quite close to the property?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants