Groups

Best SIM plan to change to for PAC and come back?

Hi,

I am with BT and my contract is expiring in 3 days. I want to stay with BT but take up one of their new £15 contract that comes with a £80 gift card but want to keep my number. So basically I need to change to another provider (using PAC code from BT), stay with them for couple of days and then move the number to BT (using PAC from the new provider). Anyone can recommend a SIM only plan that will allow me to do this fast (preferably in less than a month)? The plan (minutes, data) of the provider does not matter much. Thanks

6 Comments

BT will notice and you wont get the £80

1 - Order the new sim, claim reward
    2 - Get PAC from sim 1 and port to any payg
    3 - Get PAC from payg and move back to BT

Job done

You cant claim reward until you leave BT, so 1 and 2 dont work, got to leave first.
    Edited by: "Daytrader" 2nd Dec 2016

bt aren't doing the £80 gift card anymore.

Daytrader

You cant claim reward until you leave BT, so 1 and 2 dont work, got to … You cant claim reward until you leave BT, so 1 and 2 dont work, got to leave first.

The new sim would be a 2nd sim on the account (He can have 5), as the original sim is out of contract he can leave without htt charges, so 1, 2 and 3 will work, he'll just have a slight overlap on sim 1 while he leaves, so for one month he'll pay 2 sim charges, still better off as the voucher is worth £80

Original Poster

Daytrader

You cant claim reward until you leave BT, so 1 and 2 dont work, got to … You cant claim reward until you leave BT, so 1 and 2 dont work, got to leave first.

jase.2

BT will notice and you wont get the £80

PKRichie

1 - Order the new sim, claim reward2 - Get PAC from sim 1 and port to any … 1 - Order the new sim, claim reward2 - Get PAC from sim 1 and port to any payg3 - Get PAC from payg and move back to BTJob done

Yes exactly. I already ordered the SIM. It's sitting on my desk now.

This is not a new customer only offer so it does not matter. I asked BT chat that I already have a number and will be ordering another SIM and if I will still get the gift card and they said yes.

And my question is what PAYG package (1-2 of your solution) to get for this so that I can do the transfer fastest (i.e. has no minimum term before I can request a PAC)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions