Groups

Best sim to use whilst in Tenerife ?

I am going tenerife on the 23rd of July and I want to know which sim would be best to use so I could text to the UK ? in terms of Price and coverage

Shame Voda don't do their deal again

Thanks
    James

8 Comments

I am no expert. But when i was out in Turkey a couple or more years ago Iwas advised to but a sim card from the country I was in and believe me it was a whole lot cheaper than using a Uk based sim card.

Original Poster

Bigfoot600

I am no expert. But when i was out in Turkey a couple or more years ago … I am no expert. But when i was out in Turkey a couple or more years ago Iwas advised to but a sim card from the country I was in and believe me it was a whole lot cheaper than using a Uk based sim card.

I am 17 and it would mainly be for texting my girlfriend and a few mate so if I used a Tenrife simcard, I think it would cost them a lot to text me, but if its a UK sim it just takes it from their unlimited tariff

Thanks for your help, but I will see what others say

Well thats a catch 22 situation depends who u want to benefit most your own pocket or others

Banned

surely if it is free for girlfriend then just buy a bundle, think most do one for being abroad

Original Poster

sassie

surely if it is free for girlfriend then just buy a bundle, think most do … surely if it is free for girlfriend then just buy a bundle, think most do one for being abroad

I am on t-mobile contract and they dont let me go abroad with it so I am going to have to get either a pay as you go sim thats cheap to use abroad or a contract one that is (30 day rolling contract)

Thanks

Banned

james_lfc

I am on t-mobile contract and they dont let me go abroad with it so I … I am on t-mobile contract and they dont let me go abroad with it so I am going to have to get either a pay as you go sim thats cheap to use abroad or a contract one that is (30 day rolling contract)Thanks

Your text here

i may be completely wrong but i thought it was always free/inclusive to send/receive a text from your country of origin, the only cost was when you sent a text using for example a uk sim abroad to whoever. therefore if you use a spanish sim it will just use texts from your bundle. so, no extra cost other than the sim. stands to reason you don't get charged to receive them because only way not to receive is to keep phone switched off, whereas with a call you can always reject it.

I use Skype for International SMS, 5.4p
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767360
      2. love affairs2059
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150

See more discussions