Best size barbecue gas bottle?

Found 24th Apr 2017
Just bought a 3+1 burner gas barbecue. It can take propane or butane with the right regulater. Was thinking of buying a 5kg bottle, do they last a long time? Didn't really want anything too big. Also the link below, are these widely exchangeable from filling stations etc or am I best going for a standard bottle?
Thanks.

calor.co.uk/sho…tml
Community Updates
AskBBQ
13 Comments
Original Poster
chocci

Get the biggest one that fits under your bbq

Cheers chocci, do you store yours on the shelf? It tells you not to but wondered if people do.
I used to deliver for calor, don't fall into the trap off buying the green patio bottles which cost more, just buy a different regulator and get the cheaper gas bottle
Original Poster
ade9795

I used to deliver for calor, don't fall into the trap off buying the … I used to deliver for calor, don't fall into the trap off buying the green patio bottles which cost more, just buy a different regulator and get the cheaper gas bottle

Cheers ade, although more expensive initially, are they the same price to exchange as a metal bottle? Just asking as I've seen a full one local to me on eBay.
kramvic

Cheers ade, although more expensive initially, are they the same price to … Cheers ade, although more expensive initially, are they the same price to exchange as a metal bottle? Just asking as I've seen a full one local to me on eBay.

No you pay more for this type off bottle
Original Poster
ade9795

No you pay more for this type off bottle

Nice 1, thanks again.
I got a 6kg propane must be 5 years ago. still going strong
Original Poster
srp111

I got a 6kg propane must be 5 years ago. still going strong

What!!! You haven't refilled it yet? Must be a solar powered Barbie.
see here, 13kg butane delivered for £19.99

Stay clear of Calor, hefty deposit required, which decreases with age, so you never get full 100% refund if required.

I've never had any problems with GasDeal, normally delivered within couple of days, no deposit and no empty required.

13kg should last through this summer and well into next, given our few and far between BBQ opportunities anyway

* See post no.37 in above deal thread, cheaper still 'supposedly' but they don't take PayPal, no online ordering and delivery charge varies depending on postcode.

* in before monkeybumcheeks obligatory link to woldlink
Edited by: "andynicol" 24th Apr 2017
Original Poster
andynicol

see here, 13kg butane delivered for £19.99* See post no.37 in above deal … see here, 13kg butane delivered for £19.99* See post no.37 in above deal thread, cheaper still 'supposedly' but they don't take PayPal, no online ordering and delivery charge varies depending on postcode.* in before monkeybumcheeks obligatory link to woldlink;)

Thanks Andy, will take a look.
kramvic

Cheers chocci, do you store yours on the shelf? It tells you not to but … Cheers chocci, do you store yours on the shelf? It tells you not to but wondered if people do.

If it tells you not to.. then you do so at your own risk
Original Poster
Mathaeus

If it tells you not to.. then you do so at your own risk

Thanks mathaeus, sound advice
Nooooooo you can't use gas to cook a bbq it's sacriledge! Charcoal is the only way...
Original Poster
Bigfootpete

Nooooooo you can't use gas to cook a bbq it's sacriledge! Charcoal is the … Nooooooo you can't use gas to cook a bbq it's sacriledge! Charcoal is the only way...

Should I amend the title to gas grill?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants