Best smart watch

Found 26th Feb
Hi
So I read reviews which I think are paid for by companies to sell their products.
So I am looking for a smart watch that has at least 2/3 days battery life. I don’t want to be constantly charging it.
I do running swimming and gym. Something that is reliable and not what manufacturers say. I would like personal opinions and experience please
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Had the galaxy gear S3 and the now the Apple Watch. There is no comparison really the Apple Watch is better in every way. I will get two days out of it no problem but it takes a hit if I use the GPS for running so if I exercise it would need to be charged that night.

Swimming isn’t as intensive because it doesn’t use the GPS but it’s great at logging it knows the strokes you do and does distance based on pool size you type in and it will log how many lengths you do. Galaxy watch isn’t suitable to swim with so I couldn’t test it. The battery life was better on the galaxy but it was much bigger, I’d easy get two days out of it and 3 at a push with auto off screen.

there was no comparison though the Apple Watch Is far better!
Dannyrobbo39 m ago

Had the galaxy gear S3 and the now the Apple Watch. There is no …Had the galaxy gear S3 and the now the Apple Watch. There is no comparison really the Apple Watch is better in every way. I will get two days out of it no problem but it takes a hit if I use the GPS for running so if I exercise it would need to be charged that night. Swimming isn’t as intensive because it doesn’t use the GPS but it’s great at logging it knows the strokes you do and does distance based on pool size you type in and it will log how many lengths you do. Galaxy watch isn’t suitable to swim with so I couldn’t test it. The battery life was better on the galaxy but it was much bigger, I’d easy get two days out of it and 3 at a push with auto off screen.there was no comparison though the Apple Watch Is far better!

yes apple is great.... except it costs and arm and a leg in comparison, does not work with anything other than apple.

Samsung gear 3 is probably the best choice.
Also try Xiaomi Mi Band 2 to check if this is the type of gadget you want

I have Nokia Steel HR does everything I need it to do and looks great
The Apple Watch works very well if you're already invested in Apple products. If you have an Android phone, then stick with Android products and vice-versa.

I've had the Moto Watch before and got rid of it pretty quickly as I wasn't really using it to its full potential, but since taking up cycling and swimming the Apple Watch I bought a year ago has been brilliant. I charge it for around 20 minutes after I get up each morning whilst I have a cup of tea and that's easily enough for the next 24 hours. You can get two days out of it though if you're not using the GPS like Dannyrobbo says.

Essentially, it comes down to which phone OS you use, unless you want to just get one of the FitBits which use either
mattsk2 h, 33 m ago

yes apple is great.... except it costs and arm and a leg in comparison, …yes apple is great.... except it costs and arm and a leg in comparison, does not work with anything other than apple.Samsung gear 3 is probably the best choice.Also try Xiaomi Mi Band 2 to check if this is the type of gadget you wantI have Nokia Steel HR does everything I need it to do and looks great

Just an honest opinion from somebody who has owned both, the gear wouldn’t be suitable or the mi band neither are waterproof and the Nokia doesn’t have GPS. I don’t think any of those would do everything the OP wants.

The Casio WSD-F10 would do it and the Nixon Mission both with android wear. if you have Ios though just get an Apple Watch it is years ahead of the competition.
Dannyrobbo11 h, 49 m ago

Just an honest opinion from somebody who has owned both, the gear wouldn’t …Just an honest opinion from somebody who has owned both, the gear wouldn’t be suitable or the mi band neither are waterproof and the Nokia doesn’t have GPS. I don’t think any of those would do everything the OP wants.The Casio WSD-F10 would do it and the Nixon Mission both with android wear. if you have Ios though just get an Apple Watch it is years ahead of the competition.

so you used them and you still talk nonsense.
Apple watch is not water proof, Gear Watch is not waterproof, Mi Band is not waterproof.... they are ALL WATER RESISTANT IP67/8 - meaning you can swim with them but not diving etc.
In fact Apple is so bloody dodgy they dont even use standard criteria (ISO vs IP) and as a result claim all sort of nonsense.

Nokia does not have GPS but I would like to see who doesnt go out without their phone these days (which has GPS)
mattsk59 m ago

so you used them and you still talk nonsense.Apple watch is not water …so you used them and you still talk nonsense.Apple watch is not water proof, Gear Watch is not waterproof, Mi Band is not waterproof.... they are ALL WATER RESISTANT IP67/8 - meaning you can swim with them but not diving etc.In fact Apple is so bloody dodgy they dont even use standard criteria (ISO vs IP) and as a result claim all sort of nonsense.Nokia does not have GPS but I would like to see who doesnt go out without their phone these days (which has GPS)

No you see this is where you are wrong mate, you can’t swim with a gear because as you say it only has ingress protection of 68. The Apple Watch 2 and above is not IP rated because this is an electrical device standard for moisture protection.

the Apple Watch 2 and above as they are a Watch use ISO standard 22810:2010 they do not use the IP rating because it makes no sense to do so. This standard allows for shallow swimming in a pool or the sea.

They do use a standard for watches and it is waterproof for swimming. Next time you try to tell somebody they speak nonsense make sure you know what you are talking about.
Ok so in essence the Apple Watch is far superior but needs charging. Is only available to use for 24 hours before it needs charging again if used in gps mode. I think gps is essential to me as I would like to get some street running into my routine once we get over this beast from the east

I do prefer the Garmins due to their battery life which consists of at least 5 days even in gps mode. The only thing is that they can’t send messages or do the smart thing of talking to your hand. Bit hard if your using your in and up and down motion.

Any one use the ionic or the vivoactive
asianmadmax16 h, 20 m ago

Ok so in essence the Apple Watch is far superior but needs charging. Is …Ok so in essence the Apple Watch is far superior but needs charging. Is only available to use for 24 hours before it needs charging again if used in gps mode. I think gps is essential to me as I would like to get some street running into my routine once we get over this beast from the eastI do prefer the Garmins due to their battery life which consists of at least 5 days even in gps mode. The only thing is that they can’t send messages or do the smart thing of talking to your hand. Bit hard if your using your in and up and down motion. Any one use the ionic or the vivoactive

Pretty much what you said, the Garmins are not really smart watches just running watches, But even the GPS mode on those are only 10-15 hours. With any smart watch that has a full display and links to your phone using the GPS you will get 7-8 hours at best tracking continually with gps (AW is about 5). In watch mode you will easily push a few days.

I ran for an hour then went swimming after work with my Apple Watch with use of the watch in between and it still had battery when I got into bed. I don’t sleep in it so I just have a charging stand next to my bed. It’s magnetic so it just becomes a habit to just put it on charge at the end of each day and put it back on first thing, battery has never been an issue for me.
mattsk27th Feb

so you used them and you still talk nonsense.Apple watch is not water …so you used them and you still talk nonsense.Apple watch is not water proof, Gear Watch is not waterproof, Mi Band is not waterproof.... they are ALL WATER RESISTANT IP67/8 - meaning you can swim with them but not diving etc.In fact Apple is so bloody dodgy they dont even use standard criteria (ISO vs IP) and as a result claim all sort of nonsense.Nokia does not have GPS but I would like to see who doesnt go out without their phone these days (which has GPS)

Did you consult google again and realise it was you who talked nonesense?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants