Best smartphone for under 200 quid

Posted 25th May 2020
Hi what’s the best smartphone for under 200 pounds currently? My main priority is the camera quality.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I would say s9/s9+or something that has been the best in its times.
Edited by: "b4dr1" 25th May
b4dr125/05/2020 14:45

I would say s9/s9+or something that has been the best in its times.

For £200

@MrSwitch will be along shortly
It’s for my husband. He’s just broken his honor 9 which he loved. Seen there is some good prices on the honor 10 lite on the curry’s ebay shop. Anything better in terms of value?
New or used?
Motorola G8 range.
I've only had Motorola's for the past 5+ years and recently converted my mum who loves hers.
Cloeeez25/05/2020 15:46

Motorola G8 range.I've only had Motorola's for the past 5+ years and …Motorola G8 range.I've only had Motorola's for the past 5+ years and recently converted my mum who loves hers.

You've missed out on some great phones from Huawei and Xiaomi then.

I'd say for under £200 (not from china) the Xiaomi Note 9s is as good as anything for under £200
Samsung Galaxy M30s is a midrange corker as well but a little over your £200 budget
Edited by: "Uridium" 25th May
Uridium25/05/2020 15:53

You've missed out on some great phones from Huawei and Xiaomi then. You've missed out on some great phones from Huawei and Xiaomi then. I'd say for under £200 (not from china) the Xiaomi Note 9s is as good as anything for under £200Samsung Galaxy M30s is a midrange corker as well but a little over your £200 budget

I dropped my first Motorola in the bath and a tray of paint which it was then cleaned under a tap. Countless amounts of dives it done out my pocket when coming out the van. And after 2 and a half years of that lifestyle, which it's only fault was being a bit sluggish with the older system. I decided to upgrade to a newer model for extra RAM etc. It's been over 3 years now and I still miss that phone . It will forever have a place in my heart. They don't make them like they used to.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 25th May
Cloeeez25/05/2020 15:57

I dropped my first Motorola in the bath and a tray of paint which it was …I dropped my first Motorola in the bath and a tray of paint which it was then cleaned under a tap. Countless amounts of dives it done out my pocket when coming out the van. And after 2 and a half years of that lifestyle, which it's only fault was being a bit sluggish with the older system. I decided to upgrade to a newer model for extra RAM etc. I still miss that phone . It will forever have a place in my heart. They don't make them like they used to.

Don't get me wrong, Motorola make some OK handsets and I can see the appeal if people are wary of some of the more Chinese sounding brands (Although Motorola are as Chinese as Egg Fried Rice nowadays)...

Xiaomi, Realme and Huawei handsets wipe the floor with Motorola as far as performance/Spec per £ goes though....... once you've managed to navigate through the admittedly very confusing lineup of handsets they offer that is

e.g

G8 vs Note 9s

gsmarena.com/com…147
Edited by: "Uridium" 25th May
Uridium25/05/2020 16:03

Don't get me wrong, Motorola make some OK handsets and I can see the …Don't get me wrong, Motorola make some OK handsets and I can see the appeal if people are wary of some of the more Chinese sounding brands (Although Motorola are as Chinese as Egg Fried Rice nowadays)...Xiaomi, Realme and Huawei handsets wipe the floor with Motorola as far as performance/Spec per £ goes though....... once you've managed to navigate through the admittedly very confusing lineup of handsets they offer that ise.gG8 vs Note 9shttps://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10051&idPhone2=10147

It's nothing to do with the Chinese lol.
I've always liked mine. They've always been good to me against all the odds.
I used to have iPhones, then a Samsung which was dropped once and half the screen came off.
Just a suggestion.
New ideally Thankyou. Quite like the look of the Honor 9x (top of my budget)
Oppo A9 is very good for £200
Post a comment
@
    Text