Found 19th Dec 2014
can someone please recommend something that works? he's (husband) even waking himself up, not just keeping me awake. preferably something non lethal and legal. I just want to sleep so badly... tnx.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
30 Comments

Earplugs.

Original Poster

tnx. tried them, I was more thinking how to stop him snoring rather than how to not to hear it. tried spare room, still bad...

have your doctor check him out could be suffering sleep apnoea.

Original Poster

yeah, that's what I suspect, but he reckons its not a problem enough to go to drs.

Just been talking to bloke at work a while back and he has apnoea it is bad cus he stops breathing every 30 secs, but he didn't snore tho, I remember some tape thing you stick on his nose to open it up not sure if that would work tho, other than that just pray he doesn't go into deep sleep before you lol

Doctors would be an option but being a man I understand your husbands comment but although it's not serious it's causing you lack of sleep which could have an adverse affect on you or your relationship. If he loves you enough and fully understands your side then hopefully he'll make that important call.

That said...his sleeping position or his alcohol consumption or his over tiredness or his BMI could be the main causes if you can rule those out then the doctor will be more helpful.

Original Poster

pretty much any sleeping position is bad. when on back he definately doesn't breathe well at all. most nights I can sleep a bit though..... not tonight. so praying his alarm goes in 10 mins and I can get some sleep....

adamsa29

pretty much any sleeping position is bad. when on back he definately … pretty much any sleeping position is bad. when on back he definately doesn't breathe well at all. most nights I can sleep a bit though..... not tonight. so praying his alarm goes in 10 mins and I can get some sleep....

If he won't go to the doctor yet, can you work out something where he can sleep with his top half raised up? something under the mattress and a couple of good pillows? That can help. He can't possibly be waking up refreshed either if his breathing keeps being interupted. Good luck, hope you get a sleep soon!

You can buy a special mouth guard that helps this.

as longbowassasian said,checked out by dr,could be underlying medical conditions,better to get professional help.

I suffer from sleep apnea and once a was diagnosed my life transformed overnight!! He needs to undergo a sleep study that the dr will organise very easily. Also i am a dental technician, and made myself an anti-snoring device that pulls the mandible (lower jaw) forward slightly thus prevents the soft palate closing to reduce snoring. But definitely needs to go to doctors it will transform his life completely.

elbow

Defo go to doc if he has sleep apnea it could end up causing a problems as it can be a strain on the heart cause high blood pressure and so on

This always works for me
http://www.hasslefreeclipart.com/clipart_bodyparts/images/elbow.gif

Original Poster

tnx guys. did manage couple of hours after he. left for work. elbow doesn't even touch this. I have to rock him really hard for him to stop, and that's only for like 5 secs. tnx. will try to drag him to drs. maybe drug and drag.

adamsa29

tnx guys. did manage couple of hours after he. left for work. elbow … tnx guys. did manage couple of hours after he. left for work. elbow doesn't even touch this. I have to rock him really hard for him to stop, and that's only for like 5 secs. tnx. will try to drag him to drs. maybe drug and drag.

plenty of choice's and reviews on amazon to look at??
amazon.co.uk/s/r…ank

I just use a rolled up £50 note.

.......oh sorry, I thought the title asked for 'best snorting aid!'

Have you tried the divorce courts?

Original Poster

twoweedogs

Have you tried the divorce courts?

too bloody expensive, thought will try cheaper options first.

Original Poster

davzzp

plenty of choice's and reviews on amazon to look … plenty of choice's and reviews on amazon to look at??http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_review-rank?fst=as%3Aoff&keywords=snoring&qid=1418982944&rh=n%3A65801031%2Cn%3A2825219031%2Cn%3A2826697031%2Cn%3A2826701031%2Ck%3Asnoring&sort=review-rank

thanks. ordered couple of bits happy xmas. lol

I feel for you I really do. Same prob here and he refuses to go to the doc. I've bought the snoring stuff from Boots, the stuff you gargel before bed but he refuses to use it as he doesn't like the tatse!! He's got a problem with his throat too and often during the day cannot swallow, it's worse in the morning. I've stopped nagging him now about it, it's not getting worse or better,

davzzp

plenty of choice's and reviews on amazon to look … plenty of choice's and reviews on amazon to look at??http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_review-rank?fst=as%3Aoff&keywords=snoring&qid=1418982944&rh=n%3A65801031%2Cn%3A2825219031%2Cn%3A2826697031%2Cn%3A2826701031%2Ck%3Asnoring&sort=review-rank

First item on the list looks good, have ordered it and see how it goes. Thanks

Cpap machine.

bex85

First item on the list looks good, have ordered it and see how it goes. … First item on the list looks good, have ordered it and see how it goes. Thanks

most welcome hope it helps, ive used a spray which did help, but lost a few stone then stopped snoring altogether!

stevelo1973

I suffer from sleep apnea and once a was diagnosed my life transformed … I suffer from sleep apnea and once a was diagnosed my life transformed overnight!! He needs to undergo a sleep study that the dr will organise very easily. Also i am a dental technician, and made myself an anti-snoring device that pulls the mandible (lower jaw) forward slightly thus prevents the soft palate closing to reduce snoring. But definitely needs to go to doctors it will transform his life completely.

If you dont mind me asking what does the treatment for sleep apnea involve?

adamsa29

tnx. tried them, I was more thinking how to stop him snoring rather than … tnx. tried them, I was more thinking how to stop him snoring rather than how to not to hear it. tried spare room, still bad...

Anyone have a cure for the common cold?

summerjoo

If you dont mind me asking what does the treatment for sleep apnea … If you dont mind me asking what does the treatment for sleep apnea involve?

i have a CPAP (continuos positive airway ......somethin) it is basically a machine that blows a small jet of air into your nose that prevents the pharyngeal closing thus prevents snoring and stopping breathing, i used to stop breathing 47 times per hour!! basically what was happening was, i was falling asleep then stopping breathing, my brain sensed i wasn't breathing and would wake me up to breath ( loud snore, jolt, jerk etc) then i would fall back asleep and it would repeat. this went on all night then in morning i would wake up feeling like i had slept upside down and the pressure in my head was excruciating resulting in a major headache ( i was suffering from a carbon monoxide like effect due to not breathing properly) . i constantly was falling asleep at my bench at work and the lads would record me on phones as a laugh!! it was that bad i looked drunk!!! with CPAP i now stop breathing around 3--5 times per hour which is normal, i was falling asleep at work at home and anywhere even in waiting rooms *even in dentist chair!!!!! as no matter how long i slept for i was getting NO proper sleep and as such was running on empty and fatigued all day. the cpap machine is small and discreet and attaches to your nose with elastic. there are lots of styles to try BUT BE WQRNED they are neither pretty nor flattering and i was affected for a while as i was embarrassed/ashamed at first and hated it BUT the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. and my life has transformed. i don't fall asleep all the time, no more headaches and i have lost 4 stones up to now!! ps something i forgot to mention, sleep apnea sufferers are 62% more likely to have a stroke if not having treatment and sleep apnea sufferers not in treatment will find they gain weigh and can't lose weight as it totally messes with their metabolism and other major factors. like i said i have lost 4 stones and go gym after work now instead of dropping off all the time looking like i was drunk!!
anything else please ask!

Edited by: "stevelo1973" 19th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Blimey stevelo1973, will have to try and scare him with the statistics... i know how bad lack of sleep is (with a snoring husband and 5 month old baby) . He on the other hand doesnt hear baby, he wakes himself up, constantly.
Do you have to use the machine for ever or does it improve somehow with time?

adamsa29

Blimey stevelo1973, will have to try and scare him with the statistics... … Blimey stevelo1973, will have to try and scare him with the statistics... i know how bad lack of sleep is (with a snoring husband and 5 month old baby) . He on the other hand doesnt hear baby, he wakes himself up, constantly. Do you have to use the machine for ever or does it improve somehow with time?

sadly once you stop using the machine your back to square one. however losing weight will improve things as a good deal of sleep apnea sufferers are over weight. its due to excessive fat around the neck or not enough muscle on the neck a lot of Chinese and asian people suffer as they tend to have thin skin around their necks so in short using CPAP will allow you to become "normal" and allow you to function properly and lose weight/exercise which will help. sleep apnea can be cured it is indeed possible. with my weight loss and can see a difference is i doze without my machine, whereas in the past i can feel myself stopping breathing and snoring like i am choking but more recently i can actually sleep a bit better

Original Poster

Thank you. That is very helpful. Now i just have to convince him to sort it out.
I suppose its better visible by someone who sleeps next to sleep apnea sufferer, one wouldnt necessarily know about it if someone wouldnt point it out.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Typical cost of boiler installation67
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London11
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…11
    4. Aliexpress - To be trusted?79

See more discussions