best SSD on a budget right now? (OS)

Found 24th Feb
Hi all,

been looking at the recent SSD deals and so far:

Kingston SSD A400 Solid State Drive SATA 3, 120 GB, 2.5 Inch £37.03 @ Amazon

ADATA Ultimate 120GB SSD - 2.5 - £39.99 at Ebuyer

Adata 3dNAND 256gb SSD £59.99 @ Ebuyer

Which of these would be best? Mainly going to just install Windows OS on the SSD then stream and files my already HDD but cant decide which is the best SSD listed on hotukdeals at the moment? I was thinking 256GB for future proof and maybe some small programs for quicker loading but never heard of ADATA (like Kingston)

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
For £7 more you can buy a 250GB MX500. I wouldn't skimp on your SSD as when they go you pretty much lose everything.
Edited by: "kester76" 24th Feb
kester7624th Feb

For £7 more you can buy a 250GB MX500. I wouldn't skimp on your SSD as …For £7 more you can buy a 250GB MX500. I wouldn't skimp on your SSD as when they go you pretty much lose everything.

Never owned crucial, they good? Is that the £66.94? It's a second PC with nothing important (main pc has m.2) on it that's why i didn't mind Kingston/ADATA
FlexR32 m ago

Never owned crucial, they good? Is that the £66.94? It's a second PC with …Never owned crucial, they good? Is that the £66.94? It's a second PC with nothing important (main pc has m.2) on it that's why i didn't mind Kingston/ADATA

Never had any issues except for my ancient m4 where it started to corrupt my data due to a firmware issues that effected it after 4000 hours. Easy patch and I've been running various drives for a long time. Only reason I went for them was due to Sandforce chipset
Issues with all the other drives and crucial was using marvel tech. They're own by micron who are a massive manufacturer of memory etc.
kester768 m ago

Never had any issues except for my ancient m4 where it started to corrupt …Never had any issues except for my ancient m4 where it started to corrupt my data due to a firmware issues that effected it after 4000 hours. Easy patch and I've been running various drives for a long time. Only reason I went for them was due to Sandforce chipsetIssues with all the other drives and crucial was using marvel tech. They're own by micron who are a massive manufacturer of memory etc.

Cheers buddy, I went for the MX500 I think I've crucial Memory in the second build just never had a drive from them normnally a WD guy
FlexR50 m ago

Cheers buddy, I went for the MX500 I think I've crucial Memory in the …Cheers buddy, I went for the MX500 I think I've crucial Memory in the second build just never had a drive from them normnally a WD guy

I think both manufacturers are good. The Crucial MX500 comes with a 5 year warranty so should be atleast good for that.
kester768 m ago

I think both manufacturers are good. The Crucial MX500 comes with a 5 year …I think both manufacturers are good. The Crucial MX500 comes with a 5 year warranty so should be atleast good for that.

With SSD warranty is that just simply replacemernt of SSD or replace + data recover (attempt if possible)?
FlexR25th Feb

Cheers buddy, I went for the MX500 I think I've crucial Memory in the …Cheers buddy, I went for the MX500 I think I've crucial Memory in the second build just never had a drive from them normnally a WD guy

Do you have a link for this one? I too am looking for a budget SSD.
AstalaVista1 h, 16 m ago

Do you have a link for this one? I too am looking for a budget SSD.

The MX500? I just went with Amazon buddy, £66.94 i couldn't find a cheaper deal other than eBay and prefer Amazon + next day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions