Groups
    EXPIRED

Best start DSLR for around £300

Need a new digital camera - currently using Fuji Finepix s700 but want to make the jump into a proper slr not just a bridge - Can anyone recommend the best starter slr's for around £300

Daniel

p.s whats the Sony DSLR-A200K like?

15 Comments

There've been a couple of help threads like this in the past week or two, you're probably best doing a quick search and reading through them for advice.

Anyone else noticed that the weather warms up, skirts get shorter, tops get lower and then the young lads decide they want new cameras?

Connection there somewhere? :whistling:

harlzter;5971914

Anyone else noticed that the weather warms up, skirts get shorter, tops … Anyone else noticed that the weather warms up, skirts get shorter, tops get lower and then the young lads decide they want new cameras?Connection there somewhere? :whistling:

PMSL!!!!!

Thats Dandoc for ya

"p.s whats the Sony DSLR-A200K like?"
    From the reviews I've read the camera is good but the standard lens that comes with it is pants. This means you'd end up paying out a load more for a decent lens.

Original Poster

harlzter;5971914

Anyone else noticed that the weather warms up, skirts get shorter, tops … Anyone else noticed that the weather warms up, skirts get shorter, tops get lower and then the young lads decide they want new cameras?Connection there somewhere? :whistling:

geoneo123;5971928

PMSL!!!!!Thats Dandoc for ya

Someones gotta do it :thumbsup:

g1bbuk;5971932

"p.s whats the Sony DSLR-A200K like?"From the reviews I've read the … "p.s whats the Sony DSLR-A200K like?"From the reviews I've read the camera is good but the standard lens that comes with it is pants. This means you'd end up paying out a load more for a decent lens.

I have a A200 + kit lens (plus I bought a couple of lenses and flash as well).

I love it and the kit lens is great unless your an expert (which I definitely am not). I recently took over 450 photos at my friends wedding (and still had around 40% left in the battery) - one of the joys of no Liveview = better battery life.

I bought mine when they were 249 at Amazon and never regretted it. I also get image stability by default as its built into the body not the lens.

I noticed that Canon and Nikon seem to have a lot more extras at slightly cheaper than the Sony, but I'm happy with mine and I am gobsmacked at the quality - changed the way I take pictures. Make sure you get a good card (A200 uses CF and I have an Extreme III which makes a real difference - specially in JPEG at 3 frames per second)...

good luck

dandoc2;5972014

Someones gotta do it :thumbsup:

Back to the point

this is a good camera from what I have read

]Review
    ]Review 2

Here is the cheapest in the UK
    ]£329 in Argos

geoneo123;5972050

Back to the point this is a good camera from what I have read ]Review … Back to the point this is a good camera from what I have read ]Review ]Review 2Here is the cheapest in the UK ]£329 in Argos

If it's stocked at Argos you may as well buy it, try it, & if you don't like it, return it!
    Simples:w00t:

g1bbuk;5971932

"p.s whats the Sony DSLR-A200K like?"From the reviews I've read the … "p.s whats the Sony DSLR-A200K like?"From the reviews I've read the camera is good but the standard lens that comes with it is pants. This means you'd end up paying out a load more for a decent lens.

Not if you pick up some old Minolta lenses off ebay. They'll fit an A200 and can be picked up quite cheaply.

Original Poster

So would you say the Sony DSLR-A200K is worth the price tag ?

dandoc2;5973372

So would you say the Sony DSLR-A200K is worth the price tag ?

Deffo, bought one for the wife's father and he loves it , will post a sample pic up from it in a bit. :thumbsup:

geoneo123;5972050

Back to the point this is a good camera from what I have read ]Review … Back to the point this is a good camera from what I have read ]Review ]Review 2Here is the cheapest in the UK ]£329 in Argos

£284.50 at amazon
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…asn

Taken on the Father in laws sony a200 camera with standard lens.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2znquxj.jpg

This is also a cracking deal though if it has warranty with it.

hotukdeals.com/ite…cl/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions