Best Starter Mobile phone for a child

Found 14th Dec 2017
Looking for a cheap 1st mobile phone for my 10 year old son.
Any recommendations?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

What sort of budget?

I made the mistake of going very cheap for my 10 year old in summer and it wasn’t compatible with a lot of the games he wanted. Just ordered a song L1 from Currys for £99

Original Poster

was hoping to pay around £50

The galaxy S3 or S4 are really good phones and are going really cheap second hand.

depends what he wants the phone for, just phone calls or other stuff like apps and games?

My 10 year old got my wife's 'old' iPhone 5c last Christmas (with a payg sim) and he was happy with it as all his class mates use Whatsapp and they create groups etc and chat. A £50 phone may not cut in depending if his mates have iPhones etc.

Surely it HAS to be Nokia 3310?

MY 11 year old has my old iphone 4S, shes always complaining that she cant download the games she needs as the software is no longer supported. yes shes due for an upgrade when I can afford it but tough she has to cope with it for now, if getting an Iphone will need at least a 5S and they are around £100 at least.

Redmi 4A Global for £60-65 is more than capable and is much better than anything else you'll get for the price.

Original Poster

dcx_badass14 h, 48 m ago

Redmi 4A Global for £60-65 is more than capable and is much better than …Redmi 4A Global for £60-65 is more than capable and is much better than anything else you'll get for the price.

Do you know where i'd get it for that price. Can only find it at about £80

Original Poster

Geotel Note 4G Phablet?

Be wary of these Asian branded phones, if anything happens such as lost delivery or damage to the phone during warranty / non working in parts then you will lose all your money

hethekid13 m ago

Be wary of these Asian branded phones, if anything happens such as lost …Be wary of these Asian branded phones, if anything happens such as lost delivery or damage to the phone during warranty / non working in parts then you will lose all your money

Dont forget the partial refund they may offer you if you are lucky of about $1.

albrown715th Dec

Do you know where i'd get it for that price. Can only find it at about £80

Code: MI-GLOBEXMAS13
gearbest.com/cel…455

Takes it to $79 which is ~£59.30 or so.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 16th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions