Best steak in Manchester/Lancashire

Found 2nd Feb 2012
Ok guys. I've just finished work for my long weekend and have just got the urge for a nice juicy steak! Can anyone recommend anywhere, preferably in the Oldham/Bury/Rochdale and surrounding areas? Don't want any pub chains, prefer a nice country pub, and want real fat chips.

35 Comments

Nicest steak I've EVER had was from an Italian in Whitefield called Antonios, the second time i went it wasn't the best though... Can't think of anywhere else though mate
inb4 "cool story bro"

Original Poster

Mikethemanc

Nicest steak I've EVER had was from an Italian in Whitefield called … Nicest steak I've EVER had was from an Italian in Whitefield called Antonios, the second time i went it wasn't the best though... Can't think of anywhere else though mateinb4 "cool story bro"

Cheers Mike. I know the one you mean but I want to have a lil drive out though. That's virtually round the corner for me.
Oh, and cool story bro

deek72

Cheers Mike. I know the one you mean but I want to have a lil drive out … Cheers Mike. I know the one you mean but I want to have a lil drive out though. That's virtually round the corner for me. Oh, and cool story bro

It IS round the corner from me. I haven't tired that oneoneseven yet in Whitefield, looks good though!

Hope you find somewhere mate and let me know if you do!

Mod & Ed

Now I'm hungry, steak with all the trimmings, yummy

Banned

How do you like your steak deek ?

Has to be pink on the inside for me , plenty of peppercorns too

Mod & Ed

Mikethemanc

It IS round the corner from me. I haven't tired that oneoneseven yet in … It IS round the corner from me. I haven't tired that oneoneseven yet in Whitefield, looks good though!Hope you find somewhere mate and let me know if you do!

^^^ stalker alert oO

Original Poster

Mikethemanc

It IS round the corner from me. I haven't tired that oneoneseven yet in … It IS round the corner from me. I haven't tired that oneoneseven yet in Whitefield, looks good though!Hope you find somewhere mate and let me know if you do!

If I don't get anywhere here I might just do a jumbo cod from Armstrongs

wishihadadonkey

^^^ stalker alert oO

How does that make him a stalker? From their two comments it seems they live in the same area, why wouldn't you want a recommendation of a restaurant in your area?

Original Poster

goldmax

How do you like your steak deek ? Has to be pink on the inside for me , … How do you like your steak deek ? Has to be pink on the inside for me , plenty of peppercorns too

Yeah, I used to go medium rare but I was too often getting it nearer rare. I've started going medium now but I tell them I want plenty of pink.

Original Poster

Legend101

How does that make him a stalker? From their two comments it seems they … How does that make him a stalker? From their two comments it seems they live in the same area, why wouldn't you want a recommendation of a restaurant in your area?

You obviously don't know donks. I'm sure she's only kidding. She's sound.

Mod & Ed

deek72

You obviously don't know donks. I'm sure she's only kidding. She's sound. … You obviously don't know donks. I'm sure she's only kidding. She's sound.

you put it far more politely than I would today deek, am in a rare grumpy mood

One of my favourites... The Old Original (Scouthead - Saddleworth)

theoldoriginal.co.uk/

22 oz Gammon aint to bad either

Have you tried San Rocco at cheetham hill or slightly different el Rincon tapas off deans gate? Best steak I ever had was at Sergio's in bury that's closed down now.

I know it's a chain but the Phantom Winger in Preston is divine. Failing that try the Goucho Grill in Manchester, their steaks are beyond nice!

Mod & Ed

Legend101

How does that make him a stalker? From their two comments it seems they … How does that make him a stalker? From their two comments it seems they live in the same area, why wouldn't you want a recommendation of a restaurant in your area?

I have banter with both mike and deek, neither of whom would take offense @ that kind of comment, they both dish exactly the same out to me, mike thinks I have a terrible taste in christmas presents and I think he's a meanie for trying to get his gf to sell her xbox

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

you put it far more politely than I would today deek, am in a rare grumpy … you put it far more politely than I would today deek, am in a rare grumpy mood

Chill donks. We'll allow you ONE grumpy mood. ONE. oO

Original Poster

zermattbusby

One of my favourites... The Old Original (Scouthead - … One of my favourites... The Old Original (Scouthead - Saddleworth)http://www.theoldoriginal.co.uk/22 oz Gammon aint to bad either

That's what I'm looking for. On my shortlist

Original Poster

carolynb

Have you tried San Rocco at cheetham hill? Best steak I ever had was at … Have you tried San Rocco at cheetham hill? Best steak I ever had was at Sergio's in bury that's closed down now.

Is that the one on the right at the end of the shops as you go up Cheetham Hill Road? Thanks but like I said I was looking more for a country pub.

Original Poster

momartin

Failing that try the Goucho Grill in Manchester, their steaks are beyond … Failing that try the Goucho Grill in Manchester, their steaks are beyond nice!

Lol, I'm only a train driver, not a pro footballer! Does look nice though

Banned

Deek would you have a problem eating a nice steak, if it were Halal?

Banned

Adnan786

a bolt through the head is the traditional way , I'm all for tradition

Original Poster

Adnan786

None whatsoever. Food is food.

Original Poster

Ok, thanks everyone. I'm gonna try buzby's The Old Original.

Cheers all.

Banned

goldmax

a bolt through the head is the traditional way , I'm all for tradition

The Muslim tradition outlasts the British. I'll take that as a yes then, since after all you are all for tradition

Banned

deek72

Ok, thanks everyone. I'm gonna try buzby's The Old Original. Cheers all. … Ok, thanks everyone. I'm gonna try buzby's The Old Original. Cheers all.

Enjoy mate, i'll be tucking into my Tuna Sub.

Original Poster

Adnan786

Enjoy mate, i'll be tucking into my Tuna Sub.

Hmm. Sounds good. Might sack the steak and go for that

Mod & Ed

yeah enjoy it mr & mrs deek, think of us whilst you're tucking in to big juicy steaks, eating our badly cooked saus. mash & beans

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

yeah enjoy it mr & mrs deek, think of us whilst you're tucking in to big … yeah enjoy it mr & mrs deek, think of us whilst you're tucking in to big juicy steaks, eating our badly cooked saus. mash & beans

Cheers donks. Nowt wrong with banger and mash though, one of my faves

Deek, Armstrongs is immense! Gutted I'll be moving away from that end soon... Randomly, I'm moving right near Scouthead (post #12)
WIHAD... I've told you too many times about stalking me now. I'm gonna have to build a WIHAD-proof shed
Legend.. Cheers brah... She's harmless really

Try Zouk in Manchester.

Just off Oxford Rd opposite the old BBC building

The best steak in Manchester is in my fridge

Banned

Best steak in Lancashire is at my house

Original Poster

Cheers busby, good steak and really enjoyed it. Was tempted by the 24oz rump but went for the 12oz sirloin with mustard sauce. Hmm.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/deek72uk/IMAG0100.jpg
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/deek72uk/IMAG0101.jpg

Ahh glad you enjoyed it deek. Having seen those pics I think we might have a run up there tonight (Friday - steak night)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    3. Android pay set up610
    4. Best 4k tv's for gaming11

See more discussions