Best steering wheel and racing game ps4

Posted 9th Nov
Hi everyone my 10 year old son wants a a steering wheel and racing game for Xmas for his ps4, any recommendations would be greatful, I’ve heard good and bad experiences with them that’s all... thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
The new need for speed is coming out soon I think
You'll be wanting the Logitech G29 Driving Force wheel. There are cheaper wheels out there, most of which lack force feedback, but this a good one, look out for it in the Black Friday sales. As for games you've got sim-style games such as the Dirt Rally series, Project Cars, or Gran Turismo Sport (which personally I don't think is that interesting a game but each to their own), or more fun games like Driveclub, Need For Speed: Payback, and Wreckfest.
Haircut_10009/11/2019 11:58

You'll be wanting the Logitech G29 Driving Force wheel. There are cheaper …You'll be wanting the Logitech G29 Driving Force wheel. There are cheaper wheels out there, most of which lack force feedback, but this a good one, look out for it in the Black Friday sales. As for games you've got sim-style games such as the Dirt Rally series, Project Cars, or Gran Turismo Sport (which personally I don't think is that interesting a game but each to their own), or more fun games like Driveclub, Need For Speed: Payback, and Wreckfest.

Brilliant mate thank you, I’ve just been looking at that one actually, it’s £199 on offer at very with the pedals and gear shift.. thanks man
Pipey8409/11/2019 12:00

Brilliant mate thank you, I’ve just been looking at that one actually, i …Brilliant mate thank you, I’ve just been looking at that one actually, it’s £199 on offer at very with the pedals and gear shift.. thanks man

I'd hold off just a bit longer, £200 tends to be the standard selling price which is a little lower than the RRP, but they often drop to £180 or below when offers are on.
Haircut_10009/11/2019 12:40

I'd hold off just a bit longer, £200 tends to be the standard selling …I'd hold off just a bit longer, £200 tends to be the standard selling price which is a little lower than the RRP, but they often drop to £180 or below when offers are on.

I’ll hold off till Black Friday then get it one then hopefully the price will reduce a bit
Pipey8409/11/2019 12:47

I’ll hold off till Black Friday then get it one then hopefully the price w …I’ll hold off till Black Friday then get it one then hopefully the price will reduce a bit

I'm just looking at the previous deals for it on here, a couple of times this year it has been available at GAME for £179.99 with the gear shifter and including a game (F1 2019 or Dirt Rally 2.0). That's probably a good indication of the kind of deal you might find on Black Friday.
Haircut_10009/11/2019 12:53

I'm just looking at the previous deals for it on here, a couple of times …I'm just looking at the previous deals for it on here, a couple of times this year it has been available at GAME for £179.99 with the gear shifter and including a game (F1 2019 or Dirt Rally 2.0). That's probably a good indication of the kind of deal you might find on Black Friday.

Cheers mate nice one
Unfortunately a couple of years ago now, but I think this was one of the best prices the G29 & shifter combo has been
38958936-zqKNT.jpg
Lucky_Taz11/11/2019 16:19

Unfortunately a couple of years ago now, but I think this was one of the …Unfortunately a couple of years ago now, but I think this was one of the best prices the G29 & shifter combo has been [Image]

Bloody hell lol... great price! can’t see it dropping £70 Black Friday... he’s only 10 years old I don’t know wether to get this or a cheaper one
Pipey8411/11/2019 16:21

Bloody hell lol... great price! can’t see it dropping £70 Black Friday... h …Bloody hell lol... great price! can’t see it dropping £70 Black Friday... he’s only 10 years old I don’t know wether to get this or a cheaper one

Don't get a cheaper one. Even the more expensive ones, like the G29, aren't really that great in my experience. I can't speak for the really expensive ones but I had a G29 at £99 and it still went back the next day.
deeky11/11/2019 16:23

Don't get a cheaper one. Even the more expensive ones, like the G29, …Don't get a cheaper one. Even the more expensive ones, like the G29, aren't really that great in my experience. I can't speak for the really expensive ones but I had a G29 at £99 and it still went back the next day.

Yeah I’ll prob go for the G29 I wanna buy it now so I’ve got him One but I’m best holding off another two weeks hey
Pipey8411/11/2019 16:25

Yeah I’ll prob go for the G29 I wanna buy it now so I’ve got him One but I’ …Yeah I’ll prob go for the G29 I wanna buy it now so I’ve got him One but I’m best holding off another two weeks hey

If you're set on that one then I'd certainly wait for Black Friday. They certainly won't go up in price then.
Apart from the faulty one I initially received, it has been great and a very well respected wheel. I don't know how cheaper ones fare. I am not sure how many PS4 games can make use of the additional shifter unit.
Here's an history of prices from Amazon for the wheel only.
38959024-0qaG8.jpg
Lucky_Taz11/11/2019 16:28

Apart from the faulty one I initially received, it has been great and a …Apart from the faulty one I initially received, it has been great and a very well respected wheel. I don't know how cheaper ones fare. I am not sure how many PS4 games can make use of the additional shifter unit.Here's an history of prices from Amazon for the wheel only.[Image]

Thanks mate
deeky11/11/2019 16:27

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.very.co.ukThey're just so bad if …https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.very.co.ukThey're just so bad if things go wrong. It's really not worth it. £199 isn't cheap anyway.

I’ll have a think, he’s got his heart set on one lol... I personally wouldn’t buy one for myself
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants