Best Strava watch for running and cycling?

Posted 24th Dec 2019
Does anyone have any advice regarding smart watches with Strava?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Sub £300 but can stretch for the a better one.
If you have iPhone Apple Watch works well or a garmin, I use to have garmin vivosmart before getting an Apple Watch. Both work well for running and cycling, I do prefer having the garmin 520 on my bike though (all linked to Strava ) you can link your garmin with Strava so it uploads.
hubby has a garmin watch and that is supposed to be the best for running and cycling but it doesn't have the social aspect of strava if that is what you are interested in.

for recording activities accurately garmin is the best watch out there i believe.
alison19724/12/2019 21:21

If you have iPhone Apple Watch works well or a garmin, I use to have …If you have iPhone Apple Watch works well or a garmin, I use to have garmin vivosmart before getting an Apple Watch. Both work well for running and cycling, I do prefer having the garmin 520 on my bike though (all linked to Strava ) you can link your garmin with Strava so it uploads.

I've have a apple watch series 2 but I've just joined the darkside so now I'm on android.
Can you recommend a particular garmin?
RBH24/12/2019 21:43

Couldn’t tell you the best garmin now as I’ve had a Apple Watch for 4 years, but they are great watches someone who currently has one would probably be able to give you a better idea of the most up to date ones.
RBH24/12/2019 21:43

here is a list of garmin watches. hubby has the forerunner and he thinks it is very accurate for walking, running and cycling. he doesn't use strava though as he doesn't get involved with the social aspect of strava

digitaltrends.com/wea…es/
I use my Apple Watch for Strava and Zwift and it works flawlessly.
I would have gone for a more expensive version but as I only do 100km a week it’s not worth it
I run 10 to 20k most days and swear by my Huawei watch 2 4g wear os running app called ghost racer that uploads directly to strava, run keeper and smash run. Can run without phone and it will upload via its own 4g. Can even steam Google music to bt ear phones although this does hammer the battery
8eaker26/12/2019 23:22

I run 10 to 20k most days and swear by my Huawei watch 2 4g wear os …I run 10 to 20k most days and swear by my Huawei watch 2 4g wear os running app called ghost racer that uploads directly to strava, run keeper and smash run. Can run without phone and it will upload via its own 4g. Can even steam Google music to bt ear phones although this does hammer the battery

Thank you! Will this work with any Huawei watch as an indirect way of recording onto strava?
RBH:

Thank you! Will this work with any Huawei watch as an indirect way of recording onto strava?

Only wear os ones. Most recent ones use their own os. Wear os obviously supports ghost racer and strava app for wear os. I prefer ghost Racer as it Stands alone and uploads to 3 different apps. Check it out on play store. It's the work of a single developer but has a lot of love 😃

Btw, any wear os will run ghost runner and/or strava. The watch 2 has the advantage of the 4g support so it can stand alone
Edited by: "8eaker" 27th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants