Best Streaming Platform - Roku, Amazon, Google?

Posted 14th Jun
So, I want to get everyones opinion...what is the best all rounded streaming platform?

I have found they all have pros and cons. Amazon fire with Dolby vision, Google Chromecast ultra with Google bells and whistles and Roku more open.

My TVs OS (android TV) seems so unreliable but I love the range of 4k apps and in Dolby Vision. I have always been fond of Roku but am frustrated that there is a lack of 4k content and limited to HDR, with the 4k content being only Apple, Netflix and Disney. Google Chromecast then doesn't have much other than its own and no Apple, then Amazon has no Google but Apple and it's own, maybe Rakuten....

Is this just he headache of the tech giants?

I have thought that about the Fire TV box, or is there little lost between the box and 4k stick?

Thanjlks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I think Nvidia shields are meant to be the best but £150 compared to Fire Stick 4K being about £30 on offer.
PenguinsForAll14/06/2020 12:20

I think Nvidia shields are meant to be the best but £150 compared to Fire …I think Nvidia shields are meant to be the best but £150 compared to Fire Stick 4K being about £30 on offer.

Yeah a lot of money though. Half the price of a lower end 4k TV. Just wish the hardware they stuck in some of these TVs were so shoddy.
Get an xbox one, £99 Aldi’s. Does the whole lot plus gaming
I flit between using a nvidia shield (2019) and a Apple TV 4K. Shield has the superior picture quality with the upscaling feature but the Apple TV has superior choice of apps without having to mess around side loading anything. Either one of these I’d say are your best choice for a media streaming box but as mentioned above maybe picking up an Xbox cheap would be more suitable if you age a specific budged
Little difference between fire box and 4k stick.
I believe the 4k stick runs better has its processor is only doing one thing
I probably watch All4 the most, followed by Netflix. Netflix have a better selection of foreign stuff than the crime and soap-obssessed Walter Presents but their English language stuff is generally under par.

As you say HDR has so little stuff being made for it currently, the production process isn't yet good enough to make it mainstream. It's just an indulgence for high budget productions at the moment.

I'd decide based on content quality first and not worry too much about picture quality.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 14th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants