Best student bank? (2020)

Posted 24th Jan
Hi,

I just moved in the UK for my master's internship. I am still a student at the moment and I would like to know what bank would you recommend me? As I need one to get a part time job on the side of my internship.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Hi, assuming as you're not a UK student then you're not getting a Student Loan (grant) paid into a bank account - as such the banks won't really consider you as a student and give you enticements.

As such it's probably easier just to get a Monzo/Starling/Revolut style account - no doubt someone will say which is currently in-fashion.

eg: hotukdeals.com/dis…648
Edited by: "IamMT" 24th Jan
IamMT24/01/2020 14:09

Hi, assuming as you're not a UK student then you're not getting a Student …Hi, assuming as you're not a UK student then you're not getting a Student Loan (grant) paid into a bank account - as such the banks won't really consider you as a student and give you enticements.As such it's probably easier just to get a Monzo/Starling/Revolut style account - no doubt someone will say which is currently in-fashion.eg: https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/best-bank-account-in-uk-3352648

Is Revoult officially recognised as a bank now (As in protected by the FSCS)?
Gormond24/01/2020 14:32

Is Revoult officially recognised as a bank now (As in protected by the …Is Revoult officially recognised as a bank now (As in protected by the FSCS)?

I don't think so, hence why I suggested: "no doubt someone will say which is currently in-fashion."
IamMT24/01/2020 15:42

I don't think so, hence why I suggested: "no doubt someone will say which …I don't think so, hence why I suggested: "no doubt someone will say which is currently in-fashion."

Yeah i'm still a dinosaur when it comes to these new online banks.
Recommend starling its great
Diylli24/01/2020 16:20

Recommend starling its great

Mmm, Starling account residency qualification expectation states "as long as you're ...a resident in the UK only" so a foreign national visitor may not qualify, plus most (all?) UK-based banks perform a credit check on account application and a foreign national may struggle to satisfy whatever result the bank requires.
Walk into a branch to discuss this. Most online bank applications cannot handle anything other than the simplest scenario.

And ask fellow students what they are doing.
If your parents are planning to send you money you could have an HSBC account open at home, they can deposit money their side and you withdraw it from an HSBC atm without charge.

Obviously if you're planning on working and depositing money from this side that can't work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants