Best sub £200 available now??? Moto x4 - or Moto G5SPlus or Honor 9 Lite

Found 31st Mar
I'm tempted by the Honor and it's seemingly impressive processor speed and price - but very large screen puts me off. Therefore going for the X4 - does anyone disagree

Compared
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I didn't know you could use a Moto phone as a sub. That is a bnous indeed.
If you are happy buying a phone from China there are some even better bargains....but I know not everyone likes to buy from China stores
Some phones can takes weeks to get here but Gearbest do stock some items in European/UK warehouses...these tend to take just a few days.

I purchased a Vernee X last week for £163
Octocore CPU
6Gb Ram
128Gb storage
6200MaH battery
18:9 FullHD+ screen
16/5 and 13/5 MP Sony cameras.

That's just one example though.....
Edited by: "Uridium" 1st Apr
That's an impressive spec for the money. What's the build quality like? When I've had phones from lesser known brands in the past they've been a bit flakey.
The thing that lets a lot of these Chinese phones down is the Mediatek CPU's. They just aren't powerful enough for a lot of things. I returned one to amazon which I used solely as a spotify/media device because it was just too laggy.

Have ordered a Mi A1, snapdragon 625, 4gb ram, 64 gb rom. £135. And stock android with the Oreo update.

gsmarena.com/xia…php
Edited by: "Wotan" 2nd Apr
Wotan10 h, 9 m ago

The thing that lets a lot of these Chinese phones down is the Mediatek …The thing that lets a lot of these Chinese phones down is the Mediatek CPU's. They just aren't powerful enough for a lot of things. I returned one to amazon which I used solely as a spotify/media device because it was just too laggy.Have ordered a Mi A1, snapdragon 625, 4gb ram, 64 gb rom. £135. And stock android with the Oreo update.https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1-8776.php

I would agree on some of the old Mediatek CPU's of past....but the newer generation P25, P30 and especially the latest P23 are very good SoC's and are comparable to the Midrange QC SoC's like the 625 and 630.
jfy1st Apr

That's an impressive spec for the money. What's the build quality like? …That's an impressive spec for the money. What's the build quality like? When I've had phones from lesser known brands in the past they've been a bit flakey.

If it had Samsung written on the Vernee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference
Uridium2 h, 43 m ago

If it had Samsung written on the Vernee you wouldn't be able to tell the …If it had Samsung written on the Vernee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference

You would. If it had Samsung written on it you’d be paying 1K plus for those specs.
Wotan1 h, 52 m ago

You would. If it had Samsung written on it you’d be paying 1K plus for t …You would. If it had Samsung written on it you’d be paying 1K plus for those specs.

To be fair a high end Samsung has a far superior CPU and much better cameras as well as all the extra software features Samsung add. But for the price the Vernee X is pretty amazing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants