Best Suncream? Recommendations please

23 replies
Found 19th Jun
Hey guys, what would you all recommend? thanks

1. Ask
  2. Sun Cream
23 Comments

aldi own make i hear is great

Wilko - really good and inexpensive - family gone through lots of it this weekend

P20 very expensive but put it on in the morning and you can swim and not worry about the sand sticking. Honestly I won't go back to cream again!!

richziller

P20 very expensive but put it on in the morning and you can swim and not … P20 very expensive but put it on in the morning and you can swim and not worry about the sand sticking. Honestly I won't go back to cream again!!

​Aldi - they also do their own version of the P20 one as well.

Dragon32

​Aldi - they also do their own version of the P20 one as well.

​Oh cool thanks for the heads up

Calypso all day, usually on offer at hyem bargains ( home bargains) for non geordies
Edited by: "Spenfica" 19th Jun

P20 all the way. I am very pale and pasty and whenever I went on holiday in the past and used Ambre Solaire or Nivea, I was putting bucket-loads of it on throughout the day. Since discovering P20, I apply it once in the morning and can stay out in the sun much, much longer. It is a bit greasy and you need to wash your hands after using it so it doesn't stain but I really do recommend it. Plus, we have a Savers shop near where I live and they sell it much, much cheaper than anywhere else I've seen elsewhere.

Doesn't this p20 stain anything you wear then?

plodging

Doesn't this p20 stain anything you wear then?

Yep, for that reason I've stopped using it, as previous poster, I have fair skin and burnt very quickly, after being introduced to P20 I was able to stay in the sun longer and actually tool a bit of a tan as opposed to going beetroot!

Shame, but any light coloured clothes are ruined with it, nasty yellow stain, whereas it never used to stain, formula has definitely been changed in recent years, pretty sure you used to have to apply 1 hour before going in the sun, but last time I used it it never mentioned this on the bottle.

But back to the OPs question, I stick with spray on Nivea, bit more expensive in the spray bottles, but far easier, especially for the kids.

Edited by: "andynicol" 19th Jun

Sombrero

ding

aldi own make i hear is great

Lacura, yes it's v good

La Roche-Posay is extremely good but sadly has a price tag to match. Look for ones containing Mexoryl XL. Vichy also dear but excellent.

Ultrasun, once a day application.

andynicol

Yep, for that reason I've stopped using it, as previous poster, I have … Yep, for that reason I've stopped using it, as previous poster, I have fair skin and burnt very quickly, after being introduced to P20 I was able to stay in the sun longer and actually tool a bit of a tan as opposed to going beetroot!Shame, but any light coloured clothes are ruined with it, nasty yellow stain, whereas it never used to stain, formula has definitely been changed in recent years, pretty sure you used to have to apply 1 hour before going in the sun, but last time I used it it never mentioned this on the bottle.But back to the OPs question, I stick with spray on Nivea, bit more expensive in the spray bottles, but far easier, especially for the kids.

B&M do a calypso spray factor 15 for £2.99 and sell Nivea stuff for about £4

Boots Soltan 15+ works very well for me, not let me down yet, I used the dry touch stuff when I went to Italy.

organiczne people

Morrisons own brand had good reviews when This Morning program tested them out.Price is £3 for various factors .

The calypso stuff at home bargains for about £3 was awarded a Which Best Buy .

Bigfootpete

Boots Soltan 15+ works very well for me, not let me down yet, I used the … Boots Soltan 15+ works very well for me, not let me down yet, I used the dry touch stuff when I went to Italy.

​I think all soltan also has 5 star uva and uvb protection. Very good creams

Malibu Once Daily factor 50. Is a very light fluid (not lotion or cream) and very easy to apply and, unless swimming, does last all day. On offer at Home Bargains .

richziller

P20 very expensive but put it on in the morning and you can swim and not … P20 very expensive but put it on in the morning and you can swim and not worry about the sand sticking. Honestly I won't go back to cream again!!

Aldi (and other stores) sell Calypso Once A Day, and it's amazing for £4.99. I used to buy the P20 (which is also once a day) for £20 but this is an excellent dupe works just as well as the P20. It really DOES last all day with one application and it's available in Aldi in factors 10 or 20.

leyloleylo

P20 all the way. I am very pale and pasty and whenever I went on holiday … P20 all the way. I am very pale and pasty and whenever I went on holiday in the past and used Ambre Solaire or Nivea, I was putting bucket-loads of it on throughout the day. Since discovering P20, I apply it once in the morning and can stay out in the sun much, much longer. It is a bit greasy and you need to wash your hands after using it so it doesn't stain but I really do recommend it. Plus, we have a Savers shop near where I live and they sell it much, much cheaper than anywhere else I've seen elsewhere.

Really need to try the Calypso one a day. It's £4.99 in Aldi and works EXACTLY the same as the P20

traythegreat

Really need to try the Calypso one a day. It's £4.99 in Aldi and works … Really need to try the Calypso one a day. It's £4.99 in Aldi and works EXACTLY the same as the P20

In home bargains and B&M too same price
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247579
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45

See more discussions