Groups

Best tablet under £50

Hi, looking for a tablet under £50 (refurb) is fine. Mainly for the little one to watch avi/movie files while we're travelling and on holiday. Any recommendations? I'm consider the Acer Iconia Tab 8 for £45 from Argos...would it be worth spending more for the version which runs windows 10?

Also, does anyone have any experience playing avi files on android? As currently I'm just considering windows tabs.

Thank you

3 Comments

What's best is really not going to be something I can help with but to play the files the defacto best option is VLC as it will play anything and in many cases will do a damn good job of playing corrupted files better than any other media player in my experience.

Android - play.google.com/sto…_GB

Windows - videolan.org/vlc…tml

Original Poster

Thanks Astec, very helpful!

I would be reluctant to pick windows os for watching movie files, I'd stick with android and download cartoon HD download the films via that and it will play without the need of VLC although like mentioned above I love that app VLC is one of the best apps I've ever used and it's all completely open source free to the world brilliant
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944487
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767269
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452

See more discussions