Groups

Best thing for a sore throat ?

I had an a op on Friday and now got a massive sore throat, anything other then gargling with salt water advised ? all the stuff at the chemist are more like sweets which might taste nice but don't aid the suffering.

37 Comments

I use strefen lozenges. They contain an anti inflammatory. They are the best I can find that aren't prescription only.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

I use strefen lozenges. They contain an anti inflammatory. They are the … I use strefen lozenges. They contain an anti inflammatory. They are the best I can find that aren't prescription only.

sugar & honey had them, pointless sorry.

The longest lasting and most soothing lozenges I have found are Soothers - Blackcurrent seems to work best for me.
    Only other thing I can suggest is honey.

marshmallows

Hollow out a Swede, fill with honey,let that steep a while then swallow a teaspoon of the liquid every so often.

Rum
    oh the salt water thing is true then ?

PulisOut

sugar & honey had them, pointless sorry.

Well soluble Aspirin is probably you best bet in that case (presuming you are ok with Aspirin)

Hot whisky, honey and lemon

Ice cream and small doses regularly

Tyrozets. Absolutely brilliant., and available over the counter from most chemists.

Lemsip is great for sore throats

Original Poster

Just got a Defflam stray, that seems done the job, well enough so I can eat my tea anyway I hope :-) All those lozenges are pointless as they contain sugar and other stuff that encourages the virus at worst. Fine for a cough I suppose but I would recommend buttercup syrup for that. What I needed was a direct pain killer. Filled up with Para and Ibro :-)

gargle with tcp or alka seltzer

gargle with soluble aspirin will take away the pain.

covonia throat spray (behind the counter) usually sorts me out, tastes awful though haha

Spango

Tyrozets. Absolutely brilliant., and available over the counter from most … Tyrozets. Absolutely brilliant., and available over the counter from most chemists.

Tyrozets, they have a local anaesthetic in and antibiotic. They are behind the counter in the pharmacy. Also ibuprofen it's an anti inflammatory to to help any swelling and the pain. Hope you feel better soon

Original Poster

davelegg67

gargle with tcp or alka seltzer

Done TCP before but not Alka seltzer. I'm not brave enough with this one to go for TCP salt water hurts enough :-)

zaira876

marshmallows

​this works and tastes great too

Dispersable paracetamol in warm water, gargle then swallow.

As you have had an operation, and now have a sore throat, what operation, without going into personal details did you have ?
    If it wasn't on your throat and you have a sore throat after the op, maybe you was screaming during it !
    TCP diluted with water and gargled regularly is a winner.
    Check your rear shoot for damage !!

warm clear chicken broth or soup

Original Poster

SKIVER123

As you have had an operation, and now have a sore throat, what operation, … As you have had an operation, and now have a sore throat, what operation, without going into personal details did you have ?If it wasn't on your throat and you have a sore throat after the op, maybe you was screaming during it !TCP diluted with water and gargled regularly is a winner.Check your rear shoot for damage !!

Ha ha !

I have bladder cancer, the operation was only to check if the cancer had cleared after 6 weeks of chemo. If you apply yourself to what that means I'm sure you can find plenty of humour about a camera and my manhood but the camera wasn't as big a problem as the director and sound guy.

Try dequacaine they are behind the chemist counter. Old school and brilliant! Better than the less effective crap these days. Work wonders. Give um a go.

Chewing gum helps, stops that conscious swallowing which hurts the most and rinses your throat often. works for me.
    Good luck : )

Corvonia and ice cream

Think the version I had were actually dequdin however u spell it. Brilliant! Orange and white packet

Spango

Tyrozets. Absolutely brilliant., and available over the counter from most … Tyrozets. Absolutely brilliant., and available over the counter from most chemists.

Definitely these , whole family use them now.

Sorry not sure what its called but you can get a numbing spray from your gp )(assuming you can get an appt!) hope you recover quickly and get the all clear :0)

Chloraseptic, thats it!

i will pass on a nugget of information that my father used to recommend

best thing for a sore throat is .. a sharp knife

thanks dad

Original Poster

lou1978

Sorry not sure what its called but you can get a numbing spray from your … Sorry not sure what its called but you can get a numbing spray from your gp )(assuming you can get an appt!) hope you recover quickly and get the all clear :0)

Last time I look a doctor's appointment was available in 3 weeks time :-)

The answer is simple... Sore throat is an inflammation.
    Imagine a child with a fever (inflammation).... What do you do? Plenty of cold water or even ice cream or ice cubes.

I used to take defflam for years. did the work. Warm water, some tumeric and a pinch of salt if you are going
    traditional. good luck with your recovery and hope everything goes well

Ibuprofen til it stops hurting.

Honey and lemon.

Chloraseptic spray
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions