Groups

...best thing for car scratches?...

Supermod
    As above. I have a couple of scratches on my car (black). What is the best thing to cover these up?

25 Comments

I find my autoglym polish buffs light scratches out of mine
    otherwise t-cut unless it is all the way through the paint to the primer

Banned

How deep are the scratches?

Try T-Cut

you can get touch up paint pen kits to fill in the scratches/chips, not sure how good they are though, my dads gona get one to do my scratches.

some decals
    http://madson.blogsome.com/images/decals%202.jpg

Original Poster Supermod

DLM;7712483

How deep are the scratches?

Just on the top of it. Not too bad I do not think x

Original Poster Supermod

RFC;7712466

boot polish.

DAMNOME;7712482

I find my autoglym polish buffs light scratches out of mine otherwise … I find my autoglym polish buffs light scratches out of mine otherwise t-cut unless it is all the way through the paint to the primer

hunchback;7712489

Try T-Cut

dataload;7712495

some decals

xxjadexx;7712494

you can get touch up paint pen kits to fill in the scratches/chips, not … you can get touch up paint pen kits to fill in the scratches/chips, not sure how good they are though, my dads gona get one to do my scratches.

Cheers all. Will look at T Cut and see what it is like!

T-cut color fast my OH uses on our black car its from halfords but you probably can get it from other places,or you can get a lipstick thats designed to cover scratches theres loads of products out there.
    if you can get hold of this product its really good the make is Farecla its wax top high gloss liquid wax polish its got a fine compound aswell as wax so gives a great shine most professionals use it.
    Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Banned

magicjay1986;7712589

...best thing for car scratches?

I recommend a key. Normally does the job well. :whistling::w00t:

big plastic sheet

Original Poster Supermod

yorkielisa;7712605

T-cut color fast my OH uses on our black car its from halfords but you … T-cut color fast my OH uses on our black car its from halfords but you probably can get it from other places,or you can get a lipstick thats designed to cover scratches theres loads of products out there.if you can get hold of this product its really good the make is Farecla its wax top high gloss liquid wax polish its got a fine compound aswell as wax so gives a great shine most professionals use it.Hope this helps:thumbsup:

That helps loads.

The Farecla looks really good but I am just trying to see if I can find anywhere that sells it individually....

Original Poster Supermod

guv;7712617

I recommend a key. Normally does the job well. :whistling::w00t:

Typical yid...:)

Banned

magicjay1986;7712498

Just on the top of it. Not too bad I do not think x

Try a bit of t-cut :thumbsup:

Original Poster Supermod

DLM;7712694

Try a bit of t-cut :thumbsup:

Just did a Google search and I am slightly confused. It says it rubs off some of your paintwork to bring it down to its original colour...I cannot understand how that works!!

Banned

magicjay1986;7712796

Just did a Google search and I am slightly confused. It says it rubs off … Just did a Google search and I am slightly confused. It says it rubs off some of your paintwork to bring it down to its original colour...I cannot understand how that works!!

I think it sort of melts/blends your paint together.

If you know what I mean :-D

Original Poster Supermod

DLM;7712823

I think it sort of melts/blends your paint together.If you know what I … I think it sort of melts/blends your paint together.If you know what I mean :-D

Yes, I understand now.

Banned

T cut is slightly abrasive so it will remove any lacquer on top of the paint.

If you are selling the car and want to hide the scratches then nail varnish is good....paint on and rub off when it goes tacky and it should leave the paint in the scratch. also felt tip pen works well.

Banned

magicjay1986;7712796

Just did a Google search and I am slightly confused. It says it rubs off … Just did a Google search and I am slightly confused. It says it rubs off some of your paintwork to bring it down to its original colour...I cannot understand how that works!!

it takes off the top layer with all the dirt and road tar in it...or if the paint has dulled in the sun T Cut will take the dull layer off and leave the paint underneath which will look fresh.

Original Poster Supermod

slamdunkin;7712892

T cut is slightly abrasive so it will remove any lacquer on top of the … T cut is slightly abrasive so it will remove any lacquer on top of the paint.If you are selling the car and want to hide the scratches then nail varnish is good....paint on and rub off when it goes tacky and it should leave the paint in the scratch. also felt tip pen works well.

Not selling, only just purchased it so I want a good finish on it really...

Banned

I used to own a black car.

It never looked clean and showed up every mark.

Banned

If I was you I would go to somewhere like Halfords ask their opinion on the best product for the scratch and then shop around for that product.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Banned

If you are keeping it then buy a black touch up kit from halfords. you get a little emery sponge to rub and clean the scratch, some paint (but I find the supplied brush to thick, so use a really thin paint brush), You also get some lacquer to put over the dried paint....it's not easy to get a good finish though.

You'd be better getting a SMART Repair company to do them for about £50....They come to you and use an airbrush to just spray the scratches.

Original Poster Supermod

Cheers all, repped.

T Cut will not remove a deep scratch, especially on a black car, it may make it worse.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3911
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11

See more discussions