Best thing for scuffs in car interior?

Posted 8th Jun
Due to send a lease car back. The inside plastic door panel has lines of scuffs where my foot has rubbed off the black plastic door panel when exiting the vehicle. I was wondering if there is a good product to remove this / restore this, or if the lease company simply won’t care?

If anyone has experience handing a vehicle back to Hyundai, I’d love to hear what the process was like. Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I'd just use a little bit of Autoglym on it.
Haircut_10008/06/2020 10:49

I'd just use a little bit of Autoglym on it.

I don’t have anything except WD40, would that work? If not, I could buy something.
I've used this in the past

amazon.co.uk/Meg…0GC

not perfect but better results at hiding scratches and scuffs than anything else I've used (and I like to think I'm pretty good at cleaning car interiors as the before and after photos of an unfortunate paint mishap show below)

and yes that is Paint being Ladled out of my car footwell

41016914-RE62l.jpg
41016914-YLShy.jpg

41016914-Px5RE.jpg
41016914-UjCc8.jpg
Edited by: "Uridium" 8th Jun
shnp08/06/2020 11:01

I don’t have anything except WD40, would that work? If not, I could buy s …I don’t have anything except WD40, would that work? If not, I could buy something.

No, WD40 wouldn't work, you need a polishing resin of some kind that has a very fine abrasive quality to it. Autoglym, Meguiars, T-Cut, that sort of thing. If you pop down to Screwfix you can pick this up screwfix.com/p/t…0gy But is the scuffs are only minor and not deep then you could just touch it up with the black trim restorer.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 8th Jun
Dont worry to much about scuffs on the doors , the industry guidleines allow thing like that i have just had mine collected with said scuff and it was graded A (no issues)

Here is a link for the guidelines i spent ages worrying i would get bills for a couple of small chips and scratces however even after a full inspection he said it was in great condition.

issuu.com/bfw…681
Uridium08/06/2020 11:13

I've used this in the …I've used this in the pasthttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G15812EU-Ultimate-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B0044090GCnot perfect but better results at hiding scratches and scuffs than anything else I've used (and I like to think I'm pretty good at cleaning car interiors as the before and after photos of an unfortunate paint mishap show below)and yes that is Paint being Ladled out of my car footwell [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

I can't believe you went from that painty mess to a perfect car again - Amazing job!
If it’s a scratch type scuff use some cherry blossom shoe polish to fill and cover the scratches
Uridium08/06/2020 11:13

I've used this in the …I've used this in the pasthttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G15812EU-Ultimate-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B0044090GCnot perfect but better results at hiding scratches and scuffs than anything else I've used (and I like to think I'm pretty good at cleaning car interiors as the before and after photos of an unfortunate paint mishap show below)and yes that is Paint being Ladled out of my car footwell [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

WOW How did you get that out?
Pencil eraser.
Post a comment
@
    Text