Best thing to buy off amazon to trade in cex (left over balance)

Found 25th Jul 2015
always get given amazon vvouchers from my family but do not really buy anything from there, dont really have time to buy and sell, prefer just to trade in cash simple, anyone help me find product that is not far of the face value to trade in as possible

23 Comments

Just sell the vouchers, you'll get a good price for them.

Why not just sell the Amazon voucher in the for sale/trade here?

Get a lot more than doing the CEX way

Original Poster

ibblackberry1

Just sell the vouchers, you'll get a good price for them.

its in my balance, i cant sell balance can you?

Original Poster

helloooo

Why not just sell the Amazon voucher in the for sale/trade here?Get a lot … Why not just sell the Amazon voucher in the for sale/trade here?Get a lot more than doing the CEX way

its in my balance you cant sell balance can you?

whelan189

its in my balance you cant sell balance can you?

Ah, I assumed if you didn't really need them then they wouldn't be applied to your account.

Original Poster

ibblackberry1

Ah, I assumed if you didn't really need them then they wouldn't be … Ah, I assumed if you didn't really need them then they wouldn't be applied to your account.

I know :(, can only find like 50% which is rubbish

Just keep them, you always need something at some point and Amazon will likely sell it

Original Poster

ibblackberry1

Just keep them, you always need something at some point and Amazon will … Just keep them, you always need something at some point and Amazon will likely sell it

Im tight for cash for rent

What about Xbox or ps4 credit, those cards should be OK to sell on as they have an exact monetary value, maybe easy to sell on Facebook etc

Original Poster

ibblackberry1

What about Xbox or ps4 credit, those cards should be OK to sell on as … What about Xbox or ps4 credit, those cards should be OK to sell on as they have an exact monetary value, maybe easy to sell on Facebook etc

lot of hassle finding buyers tbf, good suggestion thooo

If you were that tight for cash you wouldn't really care about the hassle. Just buy the codes, list here or on eBay and post/email voucher once you've been paid. Basically no effort.

Just use the for sale/trade here, try to sell to people with higher feedback though because you don't have any so will probably have to send the codes first

A £25 PSN/Xbox code generally goes for around £20

you'll get naff all cash from cex.
I'd buy vouchers / time cards and sell on here, much better chance of getting decent money.

Original Poster

helloooo

Just use the for sale/trade here, try to sell to people with higher … Just use the for sale/trade here, try to sell to people with higher feedback though because you don't have any so will probably have to send the codes first :)A £25 PSN/Xbox code generally goes for around £20

how does selling on there work? as paypal you can just chargeback

whelan189

how does selling on there work? as paypal you can just chargeback

People usually take ppg (paypal gift) which is a difficult thing to get a charge back. I've read stories about people being able to charge back, but it's very unlikely.

B.t = bank transfer. it's just like handing over cash.

Small priced item sale, you just sell to a member for cash up front. If you have no feedback and the member has a good amount, then you can rely on item first cash after.

If the item costs a lot you can do half cash now half later (I usually take 80% cash up front) so both parties are feeling comfortable with the sale.

If you or the other party feel uneasy about a sale, give out a lot of information on yourself and request the same back. This would be things like Facebook page, ebay name and validate message vis there, phone number etc. The more willing someone is, the more genuine they are as a seller/buyer.

I've only sold one thing here and I was a little worried I'd get scammed. Was a £180ish cex voucher.

Buyer was a little uneasy and so was I. But I gave my eBay profile out, and took 80% of agreed cost, handed code they bought what they needed and I got the other 20% after. But I would only do that style of sale to people who've been apart off the boards for a while or have feedback.

Brand new member would have to pay 100%.

You can transfer the gift balance from your account to another account. I have never done it but I have been the receiver. Someone transferred £50 from their account to mine, I just gave them my Amazon email and name.

I think they went through live chat to do it.

I would have purchased it from you but am skint at the moment, I am sure there will be some reputable members with good feedback on here who will give you 93% for it. You just have to get onto live chat and ask them to transfer it, just tell them it is a family member or something.

more than one of the same item for sale in the for sale thread here counts as trading so not allowed!
Edited by: "uklemons" 26th Jul 2015

If you want to buy something from Amazon and sell it on to make a small hit then go for seasonal items. Do you have an Ebay account? If so then you do not even have to buy the item, simply list it on Ebay and when you sell it send it direct to your buyer through Amazon, mark as gift but make sure you check the hide prices box and uncheck the message box.

That way you save on pstage.

Items that will sell very quick are the round firepit. I sell them at well over £30 and they can be purchased for about £25 from one seller (if they have any left). If you sell them at £27 they will go quickly on Ebay as you would be close to breaking even and not many people can match that price.

How much Amazon credit have you got and do you use prime? As you could in theory buy something somebody wants at say 10% off and they send you money via bt. Would have to be somebody you trust. Either that or buy psn vouchers those sell well

Plus you cannot now sell these on hukd until 7 days have elapsed after this thread is closed

xbox credit mate. It's the way to go. buy cards, sell them on here, they will always go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions