Groups

BEST THING TO CLEAN A HOB WITH???

Can anybody give any good advice to what i can use to clean a cooker hob with? Many thanks

23 Comments

I use Mr Muscle oven cleaner on the hob of mine, you know the one that goes all foamy.

soap and water

oh.............................. you said "hob"

http://homecaretechnology.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=22&category_id=22&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34
    we use HOB BRITE has always done the job for us
    Edited by: "q44q" 19th Feb 2011

q44q

http://www.homecareproducks.co.ukwe use HOB BRITE has always done the … http://www.homecareproducks.co.ukwe use HOB BRITE has always done the job for us

+ 1. Always worked fab for me

hannah19790

+ 1. Always worked fab for me

+ 2 can get it from b&m or homebargins for couple of quid

Banned

I'll ask the obvious question.......

whats it made of?

What type of hob?

The brand leading cream cleanser for ceramic and halogen hobs.

A specially formulated non-scratch cream cleanser, containing added conditioners to help protect your ceramic hob surface.

Approved as the best on the market by most leading oven manufacturers, Hob Brite has been endorsed and sampled by Belling, Creda, Tricity Bendix, Stoves, Zanussi, Neff, Baumatic, Rangemaster and many more

cillit bang

Banned

dh058977

What type of hob?

exactly. bit weird how people are giving tips when they dont even know what the hob is made of

As above depends on the hob but hob brite is great for ceramic hobs. some electric hobs will never regain the clean look and you would need to get covers and a cream cleaner for the other areas. May give you cleaning advice in your hob instructions book.

Banned

Baby wipes.

q44q

and you are helping how with your neg comments ?if you have any helpful … and you are helping how with your neg comments ?if you have any helpful comments feel free

He hasnt made any neg comments and is actually helping alot more than your stabs in the dark. At least by narrowing it down he could recommend the best cleaner for the specific job.

q44q

and you are helping how with your neg comments ? if you have any helpful … and you are helping how with your neg comments ? if you have any helpful comments feel free

Not really , i think it was a sensible question to ask what type of hob and maybe if answered then cisman could of made a helpful comment
    Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 19th Feb 2011

dh058977

He hasnt made any neg comments and is actually helping alot more than … He hasnt made any neg comments and is actually helping alot more than your stabs in the dark. At least by narrowing it down he could recommend the best cleaner for the specific job.

lol..snap .......great minds eh , worded different but both meant the same

q44q

hob brite will do most and it works no stab in the dark

From your own post in this thread -

The brand leading cream cleanser for ceramic and halogen hobs

So what if its not ceramic or halogen?

Bar Keepers Friend

Original Poster

Sorry people been busy! its ceramic.

Banned

dh058977

He hasnt made any neg comments and is actually helping alot more than … He hasnt made any neg comments and is actually helping alot more than your stabs in the dark. At least by narrowing it down he could recommend the best cleaner for the specific job.

Thank you - bit weird how my comment was construed as being a negative one! oO

Banned

dh058977

From your own post in this thread -So what if its not ceramic or halogen?

lol - you sure owned q44q there

Banned

I would opt for CIF btw and use this before any mess gets left to cool completely

I use hob brite its great.
    My friend used cillit bang, took all the writing off her hob!!!!!!!!!!! So I AVOID now.

Can anyone advise on how to get rid of scratches on ceramic hob, please?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …248811
      2. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE22
      3. Denon AVRX 2400H @ Peter Tyson £399.9934
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764555

See more discussions