Best time to book New York for cheapest price (1 week)?

Found 10th Apr
So we're booking a trip to New York but unsure what period would give us the best value on 1 week. Ideally package holiday, £1k budget or so and breakfast included.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Best value would be when its freezing, you probs will not enjoy this, and most expensive would be summer, so either spring or autumn, then use momondo, sky scanner, google flights to book flights, then use trivago for hotels
Creatishh10th Apr

Best value would be when its freezing, you probs will not enjoy this, and …Best value would be when its freezing, you probs will not enjoy this, and most expensive would be summer, so either spring or autumn, then use momondo, sky scanner, google flights to book flights, then use trivago for hotels

So around Jan to Feb and Sept to August would you say for the best prices? The only thign that puts me off is boooking things seperate, we don't mind paying that extra to get it all included.
M0nk3h4 m ago

So around Jan to Feb and Sept to August would you say for the best prices? …So around Jan to Feb and Sept to August would you say for the best prices? The only thign that puts me off is boooking things seperate, we don't mind paying that extra to get it all included.

For me new york is about seeing things the weather is not important, best to look at weather and find when it will be around 10c, this is good enough to go round walking without freezing

For what all included?

Flights
Hotel

jump in tax at airport, literally takes half hour to find best deals, and even if the savings is not a issue for you, its more of a principal thing, its going to very rare your get a good deal on package holidays

--

If you can find the sort of package deal you would look at and probs book be good idea to post on here and people will tell you if its good or not
dont use taxis in new uber is cheaper
I don't get the problem booking things separate. It will only take a few minutes more. Don't use taxis or Uber in NYC just use the subway a weeks unlimited travel is about £30 per person. Its an awesome city and theres plenty of thinsg to do. I am hoping to go again next year. With a grand budget you are going to struggle accommodation is expenseive. I paid just over £2k for flights for two people and a week in the holiday in on 26th and 6th in April 2014.
Edited by: "Wadda" 10th Apr
Look at flights with norwegian air, they have some really good offers. Dont chose the cheapest level as you have to pay extra for booking your seats, meals, hold luggage etc. It works out cheaper to chose the 2nd level price. Then book hotels separately. Good luck and enjoy New York
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 10th Apr
You can get cheaper fares if you do it all separate, instead of a package holiday. Look at this for instance.

33617963-hLeKa.jpg£239 june
Edited by: "arjanvirdi" 11th Apr
cornishscouse10th Apr

Look at flights with norwegian air, they have some really good offers. …Look at flights with norwegian air, they have some really good offers. Dont chose the cheapest level as you have to pay extra for booking your seats, meals, hold luggage etc. It works out cheaper to chose the 2nd level price. Then book hotels separately. Good luck and enjoy New York

Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out

Wadda10th Apr

I don't get the problem booking things separate. It will only take a few …I don't get the problem booking things separate. It will only take a few minutes more. Don't use taxis or Uber in NYC just use the subway a weeks unlimited travel is about £30 per person. Its an awesome city and theres plenty of thinsg to do. I am hoping to go again next year. With a grand budget you are going to struggle accommodation is expenseive. I paid just over £2k for flights for two people and a week in the holiday in on 26th and 6th in April 2014.

I guess it's just the hassle of arranging everything yourself, package holidays are just book and go. I don't have a problem with it but I'm a bit unsure about some companies.
mattmerch10th Apr

dont use taxis in new uber is cheaper

Good shout, it could be our go-to mode of transport!

Creatishh10th Apr

For me new york is about seeing things the weather is not important, best …For me new york is about seeing things the weather is not important, best to look at weather and find when it will be around 10c, this is good enough to go round walking without freezingFor what all included?FlightsHoteljump in tax at airport, literally takes half hour to find best deals, and even if the savings is not a issue for you, its more of a principal thing, its going to very rare your get a good deal on package holidays--If you can find the sort of package deal you would look at and probs book be good idea to post on here and people will tell you if its good or not

We're heading to the travel agents soonish to see what we can muster but yes, you're right. I think it'll be better to simply wait and save a bit. Cheers for the advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants