Expired

Best time to buy a sofa... now? Haggling tips?

Found 1st Dec 2011
Hi all,

Spotted a good sofa yesterday with a pretty good deal. The salesman already told me it was the best he could do though, as "this is the worst time of year for us as we can't sell anything, this deal will be more expensive in the January sales".

Am I to believe this? Any tips on haggling? I've never bought a sofa before so any advice before this large investment would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
Community Updates
AskSofa
7 Comments
Argos (thou not the best for customer service) have 75% 0ff a few of there sofas.... I just ordered a large sofa chinille fabric mink in colour for £126 free delivery £3 quidco and a £10 off evoucher for next shop. They also have regular sofa same range for £106 and other colours chocolate or silver. nice sofa but clearance
Best time near the end of the month as most sales persons will have targets to hit and if any are lagging or missing their set targets (store or personal) they may give a little extra discount to gain the sale.
alfie73

Argos (thou not the best for customer service) have 75% 0ff a few of … Argos (thou not the best for customer service) have 75% 0ff a few of there sofas.... I just ordered a large sofa chinille fabric mink in colour for £126 free delivery £3 quidco and a £10 off evoucher for next shop. They also have regular sofa same range for £106 and other colours chocolate or silver. nice sofa but clearance

Could you plz post the exact linking page..
Thnx
Theslver
go to DFS they have a sale on all year around, we just bought a 4 seater half price for £499 and a swivel chair for £699. think out of all the sofa places we looked at, this was the cheapest and nicest for the amount of money we spent.

although we couldnt haggle, wouldnt budge at all, but we got the 4 seater for an extra £10 compared to the price of the 3 seater.
hi joeymcjoe,
where did u see the deal
gemwood

go to DFS they have a sale on all year around, we just bought a 4 seater … go to DFS they have a sale on all year around, we just bought a 4 seater half price for £499 and a swivel chair for £699. think out of all the sofa places we looked at, this was the cheapest and nicest for the amount of money we spent.although we couldnt haggle, wouldnt budge at all, but we got the 4 seater for an extra £10 compared to the price of the 3 seater.

I'm always told not to go dfs
Sofaworks dont do sales or commision sales so worth a look have my eye on one of theirs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants