Best time to buy mini PC? Now or after Christmas?

Found 27th Nov 2017
I want to buy a mini PC. Something like this

geekbuying.com/ite…tml

Is this the best time or will they be cheaper just before or just after Christmas?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

Abit harder to answer because you didn't really state what it's for rather than you just wanted it

Im no expert on price drops from Cyber Monday till Christmas, but if I was to guess, the prices now are probably roughly the same as after Christmas? Maybe slightly cheaper at Christmas, but Mini PCs are a niche market (depending on what they are for), for media streaming most prefer Raspberry PIs and Android Boxes

So again, what's it for really?

Well you have Cyber Monday today, Boxing Day sales and the January sales so its all a gamble really if you would get it any cheaper

Computer parts are generally cheap before Christmas and at the start of the summer (May/June).

Original Poster

craigthackerx1 h, 17 m ago

Abit harder to answer because you didn't really state what it's for rather …Abit harder to answer because you didn't really state what it's for rather than you just wanted it Im no expert on price drops from Cyber Monday till Christmas, but if I was to guess, the prices now are probably roughly the same as after Christmas? Maybe slightly cheaper at Christmas, but Mini PCs are a niche market (depending on what they are for), for media streaming most prefer Raspberry PIs and Android BoxesSo again, what's it for really?

I travel a lot and stay in hotels or apartments with TVs with HDMI. Looking to use it for movies, web browsing, office, playing strategy games. Basically laptop replacement.

These are listed as on sale for the next 25 days. So I can afford to sit on it for a while.

A consideration to add on to the price of the one you listed is it's running a Linux operating system, which is unlikely to be the best option for games via Steam etc (Steams Linux flavour is terrible), so a WIndows 10 installation is likely required, pretty sure if you google'd around you'd find a affordable way of doing so.

The Mini PCs are generally a niche market, so they're never in really high demand, although for your situation , I'd say the price is reasonable? the thing that throws me off is the location of the seller and the quality of the brand, since I personally have never heard of it.
Edited by: "craigthackerx" 27th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants