Best time to shop at waitrose?

Posted 2nd Nov
I usually go shopping to waitrose on a Sunday morning. They reduce some things early in the morning but the staff are also removing stuff in a trolley. When is the best time to go shopping? As a tory voter I prefer waitrose to lidl
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I’m a Tory voter and prefer aldi thanks, can afford to shop in Waitrose but don’t, can afford an Audi but have a ford and put the money into my mortgage instead, will have my 30 year mortgage paid off in around 10 years thanks to this and other money saving....
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Nov
Best time to go I find is when they are closed , forcing you buy the same product cheaper from Asda, Lidl etc
26 Comments
I’m a Tory voter and prefer aldi thanks, can afford to shop in Waitrose but don’t, can afford an Audi but have a ford and put the money into my mortgage instead, will have my 30 year mortgage paid off in around 10 years thanks to this and other money saving....
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 12:50

I’m a Tory voter and prefer aldi thanks, can afford to shop in Waitrose b …I’m a Tory voter and prefer aldi thanks, can afford to shop in Waitrose but don’t, can afford an Audi but have a ford and put the money into my mortgage instead, will have my 30 year mortgage paid off in around 10 years thanks to this and other money saving....

I live in a council flat and have multiple properties under shell companies. Have a c class Mercedes
Edited by: "ryan_reynolds" 2nd Nov
Best time to go I find is when they are closed , forcing you buy the same product cheaper from Asda, Lidl etc
adamderak02/11/2019 13:12

forcing you buy the same product cheaper from Asda, Lidl etc

forcing you buy a similar product cheaper from Asda, Lidl etc - FTFY
Every store does reductions differently.
I like their bakery and usually reduced after 7pm.

Apart from few fruits that seems to be reduced all the time, I don't buy yellow stickers items.

You can just ask one of the staff at your store.

It's funny how many people get up in arms about other people's shopping choice lol
AMaky02/11/2019 15:17

I like their bakery and usually reduced after 7pm.Apart from few fruits …I like their bakery and usually reduced after 7pm.Apart from few fruits that seems to be reduced all the time, I don't buy yellow stickers items.You can just ask one of the staff at your store. It's funny how many people get up in arms about other people's shopping choice lol

Don’t see anyone getting up in arms about anything, it’s all choices at the end of the day and each to their own. I want to have money to enjoy later in life and many people want to live for the now. There is no right or wrong answer.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 15:28

Don’t see anyone getting up in arms about anything, it’s all choices at the …Don’t see anyone getting up in arms about anything, it’s all choices at the end of the day and each to their own. I want to have money to enjoy later in life and many people want to live for the now. There is no right or wrong answer.

you didn't even answered his question, just waffled how amazing your way is!?
bozo00702/11/2019 14:06

Every store does reductions differently.

Waitrose store ?

Why would your politics affect how you shop ?

Rarely see massive reductions in the Waitrose here much like Tesco these days
when you do it just seems a bit random
only go for the COS stuff and the fact they(and sometimes Lidl) are the only ones who do money off vouchers these days

did get all these plants for £2.63 yesterday
38885487-1489m.jpg

hotukdeals.com/dis…=40
Edited by: "Wongy110" 2nd Nov
6.48pm
ryan_reynolds02/11/2019 12:56

I live in a council flat and have multiple properties under shell …I live in a council flat and have multiple properties under shell companies. Have a c class Mercedes

Well jell.
Surely if you’re a Waitrose shopper you’re not too bothered about cheaper food?
AMaky02/11/2019 15:29

you didn't even answered his question, just waffled how amazing your way …you didn't even answered his question, just waffled how amazing your way is!?

My point was subtle, there is no good time to shop at Waitrose.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 16:40

My point was subtle, there is no good time to shop at Waitrose.

that is based on the assumption that Waitrose food is expensive m
when in reality some things are cheaper.
all supermarkets have rotating offers too.
and some things are simply better quality and worth it.
afterall you are what you eat.
AMaky02/11/2019 18:19

that is based on the assumption that Waitrose food is expensive mwhen in …that is based on the assumption that Waitrose food is expensive mwhen in reality some things are cheaper.all supermarkets have rotating offers too.and some things are simply better quality and worth it.afterall you are what you eat.

Nothing is cheaper in Waitrose and they only price match expensive supermarkets like Tesco, as for the quality there really isn’t a lot of difference, once a vegetable is chopped up no one will know that it wasn’t 100% perfect.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 18:21

Nothing is cheaper in Waitrose and they only price match expensive …Nothing is cheaper in Waitrose and they only price match expensive supermarkets like Tesco, as for the quality there really isn’t a lot of difference, once a vegetable is chopped up no one will know that it wasn’t 100% perfect.

fair enough, i have a different opinion.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 18:21

Nothing is cheaper in Waitrose and they only price match expensive …Nothing is cheaper in Waitrose and they only price match expensive supermarkets like Tesco, as for the quality there really isn’t a lot of difference, once a vegetable is chopped up no one will know that it wasn’t 100% perfect.

Not always the case that Waitrose is most expensive. I've seen them be cheaper before, when they are running an offer which other supermarkets aren't.
As a Conservative party member, I go anywhere that is cheapest and saves me the most money. That last line in the OP is just unnecessary
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Nov
jamie1502/11/2019 18:52

Not always the case that Waitrose is most expensive. I've seen them be …Not always the case that Waitrose is most expensive. I've seen them be cheaper before, when they are running an offer which other supermarkets aren't.

So they run a couple of deals a year where a few items are slightly cheaper, it doesn’t make them cheap and it still makes them overall more expensive than most other places except Harrods.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:24

So they run a couple of deals a year where a few items are slightly …So they run a couple of deals a year where a few items are slightly cheaper, it doesn’t make them cheap and it still makes them overall more expensive than most other places except Harrods.

A couple of deals per year? They run as many promotions as any other supermarket. Waitrose has a perception of high prices and sure, sometimes prices are higher, but they do have a lot of promotions.

Definitely not in the same bracket as Harrods. Waitrose is cheaper. It can be more expensive but then again, so can all the other supermarkets depending on promotions.
jamie1502/11/2019 20:28

A couple of deals per year? They run as many promotions as any other …A couple of deals per year? They run as many promotions as any other supermarket. Waitrose has a perception of high prices and sure, sometimes prices are higher, but they do have a lot of promotions.Definitely not in the same bracket as Harrods. Waitrose is cheaper. It can be more expensive but then again, so can all the other supermarkets depending on promotions.

That’s why I said except harrods. They for the most part run the same promotions as other supermarkets which doesn’t make them cheaper (as they are doing the few items on promotion for the same price as others), the rest of their stuff is still pricey. A like for like shop for me would be about £20-30 a week more expensive in Waitrose than Aldi, that’s a lot of money over a year!

Just remember most of the fruit and veg comes from the same fields as other supermarkets, you just pay more money for it.
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:32

That’s why I said except harrods. They for the most part run the same p …That’s why I said except harrods. They for the most part run the same promotions as other supermarkets which doesn’t make them cheaper (as they are doing the few items on promotion for the same price as others), the rest of their stuff is still pricey. A like for like shop for me would be about £20-30 a week more expensive in Waitrose than Aldi, that’s a lot of money over a year!Just remember most of the fruit and veg comes from the same fields as other supermarkets, you just pay more money for it.

I would not say they put only a few items on promotion. Nor am I saying to do a full shop in there. Aldi/Lidl not good for everything, their range is too small to do a full shop in for me.

Waitrose is not cheaper for everything, but they run promotions which make products cheaper than competitors quite often. Hence why shopping around is the best way.
jamie1502/11/2019 20:34

I would not say they put only a few items on promotion. Nor am I saying to …I would not say they put only a few items on promotion. Nor am I saying to do a full shop in there. Aldi/Lidl not good for everything, their range is too small to do a full shop in for me.Waitrose is not cheaper for everything, but they run promotions which make products cheaper than competitors quite often. Hence why shopping around is the best way.

Fair enough. I can do a full shop there as I have always bought toiletries elsewhere in bulk to save money. I mostly cook from scratch and Aldi has everything I need to do that!
cmdr_elito02/11/2019 20:35

Fair enough. I can do a full shop there as I have always bought toiletries …Fair enough. I can do a full shop there as I have always bought toiletries elsewhere in bulk to save money. I mostly cook from scratch and Aldi has everything I need to do that!

I use mySupermarket for most things. Generally shop in Lidl and Tesco for convenience. However, for non essentials Waitrose has definitely been the cheapest option on numerous occasions.

If you are not fussed about brands or niche items then Aldi/Lidl are perfect, but they don't stock everything for me. As you rightly mentioned, toiletries are one of those things.
My local Waitrose now seems to reduce all day long as a bulk discount supermarket is now next door,
One day I went to Lidl 🎶 🎶 🎶
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants