Groups

Best Touchscreen Smartphone for battery life??

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good touchscreen smartphone that has a good battery? Below £200 if poss, on 3 network.

I have a Desire which I end up charging every other day.

Cheers,

Steveo.

13 Comments

Whatever you do don't get an iphone then. Mines charged up atleast once a day.

Original Poster

gmdlogan

Whatever you do don't get an iphone then. Mines charged up atleast once a … Whatever you do don't get an iphone then. Mines charged up atleast once a day.

is that iphone 4?

Happysteveo

is that iphone 4?

Have you tried using setcpu or something similar? does help extend battery life!

Banned

Don't get a smartphone.

Yes its iphone 4. Never heard of that. Is it an app?

How do you get a Desire to last two days?

Do you ever look at it?

Mine lasted 16 hours at most and my Galaxy S2 is about the same.

Original Poster

Bobbajob

How do you get a Desire to last two days?Do you ever look at it?Mine … How do you get a Desire to last two days?Do you ever look at it?Mine lasted 16 hours at most and my Galaxy S2 is about the same.

Turn it off at night!

Original Poster

Maybe I should try juice defender.

My Galaxy s GT-1900, it used to last all day, now i have 2 charge it at 7 or 8 pm everyday as it dies every evening!!!! I have 2 charge it overnight....& hardly use it....( juat 2 make the odd phonecall or txt) no games , etc!!! a complete ripp off!!!! Get a Blackberry they r so much bttr.

Original Poster

monica1973

My Galaxy s GT-1900, it used to last all day, now i have 2 charge it at 7 … My Galaxy s GT-1900, it used to last all day, now i have 2 charge it at 7 or 8 pm everyday as it dies every evening!!!! I have 2 charge it overnight....& hardly use it....( juat 2 make the odd phonecall or txt) no games , etc!!! a complete ripp off!!!! Get a Blackberry they r so much bttr.

cool, thanks for that

Original Poster

dcx_badass

If you want more than a days battery then really you can't get a smart … If you want more than a days battery then really you can't get a smart phone.

what would you suggest? I can't do balackberry as my fingers are too big for a quertypad.

Turn off GPS and Wifi unless you need it and set the screen brightness to the slightly dimmed setting.

I've found that can add a bit of extra time to my Android phone. Most smartphones seem to last around a day between charges regardless of brand.
    Edited by: "Ungreat" 11th Jun 2011

Original Poster

Ungreat

Turn off GPS and Wifi unless you need it and set the screen brightness to … Turn off GPS and Wifi unless you need it and set the screen brightness to the slightly dimmed setting.I've found that can add a bit of extra time to my Android phone. Most smartphones seem to last around a day between charges regardless of brand.

thanks, yeah I'm doing that atm.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions