Groups

Best transfer rates?

Hey, looking to get some money changed into Turkish Lira....does anyone know where the best transfer rates are or if there is a decent (accurate) comparison site?
    Taa and rep for help

22 Comments

Tesco are supposed to be quite good if you got instore to a tesco extra they are said to match the best rates you can find. im going to america in two weeks and the dollar was at 1.69 on american express and tecso said they would have matched it.

didnt order though and now its gone back down

M&S have always been good.

On the high street you can try M & S

If you can wait a few days then try crowncurrencyexchange.com/

and to get an idea of the current rate try [url]www.xe.com[/url] {no one will offer this rate though}

best i found was local post office, i got rate of 2.37 on Tuesday

i looked on net and could not find any better rates. My baks LloydsTSb was 2.32 and others were around the 2,32 / 2.33 mark.

I was told that the rate is better over there, so im taking £300 in lire to get me started over there, then will changed the rest when i get there.

christuttiett;6000624

M & S yesterday were 2.29 which was quite low compared to others

Ive just come back from Bulgaria and it is by far better t exchange currency over there rather than here! the Bulgarian lev is 2.13 here and we were getting 2.26 over there.Hope this helps

Crown Currency in Cornwall seem to give the best exchange rates. They include free delivery too, if I remember correctly.
    Only downside using them is that you have to order at least 2weeks in advance.
    They also send free clotted cream with your order:)

Original Poster

christuttiett;6000624

I have found them to be quite low compared to travel agents etc...taa though
    andrpro;6000630

best i found was local post office, i got rate of 2.37 on Tuesdayi looked … best i found was local post office, i got rate of 2.37 on Tuesdayi looked on net and could not find any better rates. My baks LloydsTSb was 2.32 and others were around the 2,32 / 2.33 mark.I was told that the rate is better over there, so im taking £300 in lire to get me started over there, then will changed the rest when i get there.

yeah, my local PO was 2.5 the other day on an offer but think they have changed it now......not sure, they mentioned it was going up though.....
    nlambert;6000635

Ive just come back from Bulgaria and it is by far better t exchange … Ive just come back from Bulgaria and it is by far better t exchange currency over there rather than here! the Bulgarian lev is 2.13 here and we were getting 2.26 over there.Hope this helps

Im not going to Turkey, going to northern Cyprus, different places prefer different currency (£, Euro and Lira) and the exchange rate from Lira to £ over there really isnt good...might try look into it though

rep given and thanks more info welcomed though...

Original Poster

simon012;6000642

Compare … Compare herehttp://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-money/http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/

thanks for the links :thumbsup:
    MAIA;6000656

Crown Currency in Cornwall seem to give the best exchange rates. They … Crown Currency in Cornwall seem to give the best exchange rates. They include free delivery too, if I remember correctly.Only downside using them is that you have to order at least 2weeks in advance.They also send free clotted cream with your order:)

Is it only local delivery? I dont go til the 2nd so got 3 weeks yet....trying to get things sorted early

No, they deliver all over the country, I was going to use them for my Hong Kong $, but left it too late.
    Have a great holiday btw:-D

you get very good rates in turkey !

Original Poster

MAIA;6000701

No, they deliver all over the country, I was going to use them for my … No, they deliver all over the country, I was going to use them for my Hong Kong $, but left it too late.Have a great holiday btw:-D

taa...I hope I will!! really need it! Might look into them when I have the time to call....Hate filling out forms just for a quote :roll: thanks again, already repped
    big_anth;6000706

you get very good rates in turkey !

as I said above...Im going to Cyprus

Post Office rates are ridiculous imo, I needed to change 5000 euro back to sterling on friday, post office offered £76 odd per 100 euro. I went up the road to a UAE exchange centre and got £82.60 per 100, around £300 difference in all

casparwhite;6000720

dont forget your friend martinhttp://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Just what I was going to say!! :thumbsup:

Banned

jtx;6000736

Post Office rates are ridiculous imo, I needed to change 5000 euro back … Post Office rates are ridiculous imo, I needed to change 5000 euro back to sterling on friday, post office offered £76 odd per 100 euro. I went up the road to a UAE exchange centre and got £82.60 per 100, around £300 difference in all

£4220 best i could find for 5000 euros buyback

£84.40 per 100 euro

Original Poster

casparwhite;6000720

dont forget your friend martinhttp://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

thanks...Highest I can find on there is the rate already mentioned (given out too much rep now...will rep tomorrow if i remember :))

Banned

lil_tiger;6000771

thanks...Highest I can find on there is the rate already mentioned thanks...Highest I can find on there is the rate already mentioned (given out too much rep now...will rep tomorrow if i remember :))

sorry i thought you were asking for a comparison site:)

btw its just dropped from just under a week ago where ot was around 1.18
    exchange-rates.org/his…/30

[IMG]exchange-rates.org/Cha…spx?iso_code=EUR&base_iso_code=GBP&mode=G&filter=30[/IMG]

Original Poster

casparwhite;6000787

sorry i thought you were asking for a comparison site:)

I was...to find the cheapest thanks anyways
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad22
      2. Hamburg at christmas22
      3. Biscuit addiction1645
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming34

See more discussions