Best Travel Insurance ?

Found 16th Jun 2012
What travel insurance company would you's recommend for an 8 day holiday to spain for a 66 year old, she has a few medical conditions which are diabetes type 2, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma

I need to get travel insurance for my gran but i don't know what company is best value and also most reliable

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
12 Comments
I'm guessing no medical conditions, so it would be simply a case of the usual comparsion sites I'm guessing? Maybe some companies like Saga might do special deals, but they won't always be the cheapest (as I found out trying to get travel insurance for a day trip a couple of years back when I was just diabetic, Diabetes UK were pretty expensive).
Original Poster
moose109

I'm guessing no medical conditions, so it would be simply a case of the … I'm guessing no medical conditions, so it would be simply a case of the usual comparsion sites I'm guessing? Maybe some companies like Saga might do special deals, but they won't always be the cheapest (as I found out trying to get travel insurance for a day trip a couple of years back when I was just diabetic, Diabetes UK were pretty expensive).

Forget to say that she has quite a few medical conditions, added them to OP
calum c

Forget to say that she has quite a few medical conditions

Sorry, I can't help because I've found it too expensive myself and just don't go abroad because of it.

You could do worse than try and call a few brokers though? If they can't help, asking them if they know of anyone who might help, guess it depends on who answers the phone sadly.
Edited by: "moose109" 16th Jun 2012
SuperEd
insureandgo.com/ used this company previously and had no problems
Edited by: "goonertillidie" 16th Jun 2012
Original Poster
TheGiLLHD

TravelSupermarket.com ? or post office?

goonertillidie

http://www.insureandgo.com/ used this company previously and and no … http://www.insureandgo.com/ used this company previously and and no problems

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll have a look
I use Direct Travel Insurance i have had heart attack and have blood pressure/cholesterol problems and have to take meds, they were the cheapest i found if you need the number i have it
i get annual travel insurance for my mum who is in her late 60s from electinsurance.co.uk

i find them quite cheap for people over 65s when travel insurance becomes expensive. i also find annual insurance policy cheaper than a few one offs.

i think going to spain you would be covered EU health so she would only pay a little bit like the spaniards if she falls ill and has to go into hospital.
Hi, I use gotravelinsurance.com when going to the USA every year and they are by far the cheapest.
Best price we got for our holiday insurance was with Tesco
The best insurance of all is for her to not travel if she is not feeling in the best of health.
Take advice from her medical team as to the current state of health.

After that if you are going to get travel insurance you need to mention all of her possible conditions as you wouldnt want them to attempt to wriggle out of potential payouts on a technicality. Make sure she has the EHIC and it is up to date. People with existing conditions will find their insurance premiums are heavily loaded.
Let us know what you select in the end
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions