Best tv for £650

Posted 23rd Apr
hi guys, my head is spinning looking at tv reviews.

iv had to cancel my 65" RU8000 due to size issue

so looking something 55in to 60in

mainly gaming but some movies

help

thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
Size issue = you cannot fit it in .. or you think it will be too big?

Personally I go as big as I can now as you will probably want bigger once you get used to it (if you can fit it in).
If you need to downsize, dont drop all the way to 50.

Have you considered buying a top end used TV?
Looking at too many reviews will definitely confuse you.

I would stick to rtings and amazon reviews.

At that price range I might be tempted to look at ex display products.
smashed23/04/2020 10:23

Size issue = you cannot fit it in .. or you think it will be too …Size issue = you cannot fit it in .. or you think it will be too big?Personally I go as big as I can now as you will probably want bigger once you get used to it (if you can fit it in).If you need to downsize, dont drop all the way to 50.Have you considered buying a top end used TV?

Yes I cant fit it in, about 4" to big :/

Haven't thought of second hand would rather have warranty

49" at the min max I can fit is 60" if there is such a thing.

adamnsu23/04/2020 10:47

Looking at too many reviews will definitely confuse you.I would stick to …Looking at too many reviews will definitely confuse you.I would stick to rtings and amazon reviews.At that price range I might be tempted to look at ex display products.

ouch... do NOT go ex-display. Why buy a TV that has been left on dynamic settings 24/7 showing the same reel over and over. Just No. That is the worst thing you can do for a TV.
eagles13123/04/2020 10:55

Yes I cant fit it in, about 4" to big :/ Haven't thought of second hand …Yes I cant fit it in, about 4" to big :/ Haven't thought of second hand would rather have warranty 49" at the min max I can fit is 60" if there is such a thing.

The bezel on each tv will be different. What is the maximum width of the space ? (Or height if that is the issue).
smashed23/04/2020 10:56

ouch... do NOT go ex-display. Why buy a TV that has been left on dynamic …ouch... do NOT go ex-display. Why buy a TV that has been left on dynamic settings 24/7 showing the same reel over and over. Just No. That is the worst thing you can do for a TV.

I know a few people who have bought ex displays and they were absolutely fine. I do agree with you though on why one shouldn’t , but I was looking at the price point and like I said I might be tempted. I mean if you are given a guarantee by a reputed seller you might take the punt
adamnsu23/04/2020 11:01

I know a few people who have bought ex displays and they were absolutely …I know a few people who have bought ex displays and they were absolutely fine. I do agree with you though on why one shouldn’t , but I was looking at the price point and like I said I might be tempted. I mean if you are given a guarantee by a reputed seller you might take the punt

Personally I always go 5 year warranty if buying new, but buying used is a great bet if cheap enough. Ex-display will no doubt be 12 months warranty then you are on a 1 year old TV that has actually done 3 years worth of stuff on it.
smashed23/04/2020 11:04

Personally I always go 5 year warranty if buying new, but buying used is a …Personally I always go 5 year warranty if buying new, but buying used is a great bet if cheap enough. Ex-display will no doubt be 12 months warranty then you are on a 1 year old TV that has actually done 3 years worth of stuff on it.

True. But the ones my acquaintances bought is lasting about 3 years now. I believe it was from John Lewis and the other person bought was from Richer Sounds. They both fee they bagged a bargain given the huge discount
Op, I'm just making sure you are measuring diagonally aren't you?
nopartylikeansclubparty23/04/2020 11:22

Op, I'm just making sure you are measuring diagonally aren't you?

i have measurred the actully width given by supplier ;-)

i know the inch size is diagonally
smashed23/04/2020 10:57

The bezel on each tv will be different. What is the maximum width of the …The bezel on each tv will be different. What is the maximum width of the space ? (Or height if that is the issue).

the width on the 65 inch was 145.2 my max is 140.5
eagles13123/04/2020 11:27

i have measurred the actully width given by supplier ;-)i know the inch …i have measurred the actully width given by supplier ;-)i know the inch size is diagonally

Just wanted to make sure, I've seen people just measure across and wing it 😁
nopartylikeansclubparty23/04/2020 11:30

Just wanted to make sure, I've seen people just measure across and wing it …Just wanted to make sure, I've seen people just measure across and wing it 😁

lol , yes i came across a few ppl like that myself ;-)
eagles13123/04/2020 11:32

lol , yes i came across a few ppl like that myself ;-)

wondering should i stick with the RU8000 just get the 55in , was tempted with the low end samsung qled Q60 or Q67 but been told it not actually qled?
Edited by: "eagles131" 23rd Apr
eagles13123/04/2020 11:58

wondering should i stick with the RU8000 just get the 55in , was tempted …wondering should i stick with the RU8000 just get the 55in , was tempted with the low end samsung qled Q60 or Q67 but been told it not actually qled?

I would recommend the RU8000 in 55". Crampton and Moore just took a few more in stock at £599. Bit more expensive than it was elsewhere before it sold out but still within your budget.

It is great for gaming. 120Hz panel and low input lag.

Some of the suggestions above whilst 'OK', can't compete on input lag or with that 120Hz panel.
plebbygiraffe23/04/2020 12:06

I would recommend the RU8000 in 55". Crampton and Moore just took a few …I would recommend the RU8000 in 55". Crampton and Moore just took a few more in stock at £599. Bit more expensive than it was elsewhere before it sold out but still within your budget.It is great for gaming. 120Hz panel and low input lag.Some of the suggestions above whilst 'OK', can't compete on input lag or with that 120Hz panel.

Thanks all 👌
eagles13123/04/2020 13:02

Thanks all 👌

Did you say what you wanted the TV for ? 55 may cause you to want to change later. How far away from the TV are you?
smashed23/04/2020 13:06

Did you say what you wanted the TV for ? 55 may cause you to want to …Did you say what you wanted the TV for ? 55 may cause you to want to change later. How far away from the TV are you?

Yes, will be for gaming and movies
Best gaming preferred

About 13 feet away from tv

I wont be able to fit a tv, more than 140.5 wide so unless a 60in comes out 55 will be my limit.

Panasonic do a few 58" TVs - just google and look at reviews.
eagles13123/04/2020 13:13

Yes, will be for gaming and movies Best gaming preferredAbout 13 feet away …Yes, will be for gaming and movies Best gaming preferredAbout 13 feet away from tvI wont be able to fit a tv, more than 140.5 wide so unless a 60in comes out 55 will be my limit.

There are a few 60" TV's around too. Unsure how many are still available as busy at mo
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions