Best TV for gaming

Found 17th Nov 2017
with so many black friday deals on TV's scattered all over the site, would anyone have recommendations as to what is a good tv for gaming please
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Depending on what size TV you would like, the main things to look for are UHD, 4K and Hz. This for example is a good TV for gaming as it has good Hz

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
That'll partly depend on whether you want the cutting edge technologies like HDR - whether you can afford them and whether your gaming system of choice can use them.

It'll also depend on the size you're after. Not all models are available in all sizes.

d3fult_71 h, 24 m ago

Depending on what size TV you would like, the main things to look for are …Depending on what size TV you would like, the main things to look for are UHD, 4K and Hz. This for example is a good TV for gaming as it has good Hz https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-43uj634v-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10161607-pdt.html

I'd have said the opposite. hz figures like that are marketing nonsense (that's not a 100hz screen is the normal use of the term) and 4K/UHD (same thing) is a massive performance hit for something that may or may not be of benefit depending on size and viewing distance.
d3fult_71 h, 54 m ago

Depending on what size TV you would like, the main things to look for are …Depending on what size TV you would like, the main things to look for are UHD, 4K and Hz. This for example is a good TV for gaming as it has good Hz https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-43uj634v-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10161607-pdt.html

EndlessWaves30 m ago

That'll partly depend on whether you want the cutting edge technologies …That'll partly depend on whether you want the cutting edge technologies like HDR - whether you can afford them and whether your gaming system of choice can use them. It'll also depend on the size you're after. Not all models are available in all sizes. I'd have said the opposite. hz figures like that are marketing nonsense (that's not a 100hz screen is the normal use of the term) and 4K/UHD (same thing) is a massive performance hit for something that may or may not be of benefit depending on size and viewing distance.

it's for my son actually, anything from a 43" upwards

mainly for playing fifa and cod

watches netflix, footy and movies

so want to get a good all rounder , bias towards gaming, really value for money

thank you
I'm guessing you're also after fairly cheap rather than just something that's good value for it's size/capabilities.

My choice would probably be the Sony XE70 in 55", or the Hisense N6800 in 50" if he's gaming on an HDR capable console.
EndlessWaves3 m ago

I'm guessing you're also after fairly cheap rather than just something …I'm guessing you're also after fairly cheap rather than just something that's good value for it's size/capabilities.My choice would probably be the Sony XE70 in 55", or the Hisense N6800 in 50" if he's gaming on an HDR capable console.

ps4 console and yeah wanna come in around the £400-£450 range
Don't know if anyone else has had similar issues but I bought a 1080P monitor after using the PS4 started ruining the picture on my £1100 49" Samsung tv (ok, it's a few years old now but still, the picture is still good if I don't use the PS4).

When I do upgrade my tv I wont be using it for gaming, even though it's nice to have a huge screen to game on.
Bigfootpete1 h, 44 m ago

Don't know if anyone else has had similar issues but I bought a 1080P …Don't know if anyone else has had similar issues but I bought a 1080P monitor after using the PS4 started ruining the picture on my £1100 49" Samsung tv (ok, it's a few years old now but still, the picture is still good if I don't use the PS4). When I do upgrade my tv I wont be using it for gaming, even though it's nice to have a huge screen to game on.

That sounds like the screen burn of a plasma TV. Is it ruining it by having fixed elements like the HUD stay on screen?

LCDs can suffer temporary image retention but even that is unusual. Permanent screen burn is almost nonexistent, some commercial use apparently causes it, but I've not heard of any home examples.
EndlessWaves17th Nov

That sounds like the screen burn of a plasma TV. Is it ruining it by …That sounds like the screen burn of a plasma TV. Is it ruining it by having fixed elements like the HUD stay on screen?LCDs can suffer temporary image retention but even that is unusual. Permanent screen burn is almost nonexistent, some commercial use apparently causes it, but I've not heard of any home examples.

Nope, there are grainy likes that appear on the left side of the screen, they seem to get worse the more I use it. Seems to refresh if I unplug it for a while, (possibly heat related), leaving it plugged in doesn't help.
LG C7
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants