Best TV up to 50" budget of £700?

3 replies
Found 6th Jul
Looking for some help picking a new TV.
After months without a living room TV due to D&G failing repairs and messing about they have finally settled my claim (thanks to all the advice from people regarding how to deal with them). Problem is they have taken so long to settle that the replacement TV I had picked is now OOS.
Have been looking and comparing TVs but the number of different models is confusing, unsure what is better.
- I want the best TV I can get for my budget of up to £700.
- 49" or 50" (previous was 42" which now feels small, can't fit anything over 50")
- UHD would be nice (have SkyQ, but lack knowledge on the technical arguments of 8bit vs. 10bit etc)
- Preferably not curved

Would really appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. TV
3 Comments

At that size & budget you're looking at a Panasonic DX750, Sony XD80/XD83, Samsung KS series, Philips 7101/7181 or LG UH850.

Which is best depends on what you want. For normal TV viewing probably the Panasonic, although the Sony is also great in brighter rooms and for wider viewing angles. The Samsung is the best choice for HDR, while Philips gives you Ambilight and a faster CPU for Android TV than the Sony. The LG doesn't have any standout feature, but is competitive in a lot of areas.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

At that size & budget you're looking at a Panasonic DX750, Sony … At that size & budget you're looking at a Panasonic DX750, Sony XD80/XD83, Samsung KS series, Philips 7101/7181 or LG UH850.Which is best depends on what you want. For normal TV viewing probably the Panasonic, although the Sony is also great in brighter rooms and for wider viewing angles. The Samsung is the best choice for HDR, while Philips gives you Ambilight and a faster CPU for Android TV than the Sony. The LG doesn't have any standout feature, but is competitive in a lot of areas.

Really appreciate your reply! Have been looking at them online and will be going to have a look at them in person over the weekend.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    2. Computer upgrades89
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    4. Whey protien629

See more discussions