Best Tyre - value for money

Found 15th Oct 2017
Hi all:

looking to buy some 225/55/r16 tyres. With so many options and different manufacturers claiming theirs to be the best.. difficult to choose.

Just wanted to ask "What is the best tyre out there.... best value for money"

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Quite a strange size is it for 4x4?

Continental gets my vote .

123batman3216 h, 36 m ago

It is a relatively unusual tyre so quite expensive, it's a wide tyre for only being 16" so I would say an old BMW or similar, something with a bit of power, but a bit old.

mytyres.co.uk/cgi…395

Been put off continental tyres since an incident we had on motorway.
We had them fitted less than a month and one of them burst while driving on motorway. That was enough for us not buy any more.

auto express do regular tyre tests (last one was 24 July and is online). Over the years the Far Eastern manufacturers have improved a lot. Sometimes the premium name tyres do less well than their price should indicate.

Uniroyal rainsport 3

Michelin Energy Savers have been my tyre of choice for a few years now. Not the cheapest but have a long life and also AA rated at most sizes.

Michelin CrossClimates are geting good reviews as all season tyres - they really recommend them on all four wheels so difficult to change over to these cheaply as need to change all four at once! You can do one axle at a time but that is not Michelin's recommendation.

Original Poster

MIDURIX5 h, 40 m ago

It is a relatively unusual tyre so quite expensive, it's a wide tyre for …It is a relatively unusual tyre so quite expensive, it's a wide tyre for only being 16" so I would say an old BMW or similar, something with a bit of power, but a bit old.https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=30131547.110.73217&sowigan=So&Breite=225&Quer=55&Felge=16&Speed=W&kategorie=&ranzahl=1&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&Label=E-B-71-2&details=Ordern&typ=D-113395

It is for Merc c230 2007

Original Poster

mrwhitelabel4 h, 34 m ago

Uniroyal rainsport 3

I have used these in the past, good tyre

Original Poster

123batman32112 h, 18 m ago

Its for Merc c230 (2.5 L petrol) 2007

That's what the current tyre is

Original Poster

What's the verdict on Goodyear Efficient grip?
Edited by: "kamania" 15th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions