Groups

Best UHD TV

please can anyone help. We're looking for a new UHD smart TV and want best available up to £600?
    I know nothing about them so any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks all.

13 Comments

OMG don't ask on here man....

you will have 50,000 people moaning about nits and 10bit/12bit all while not actually owning a 4K TV.
    I like my LG (55E6V which is a bit more than your budget but there are similar cheaper models) but i'm sure someone on here will moan about that one too. I would say to avoid hisense. I know its popular here but they are bad quality. Owners will tell you they are the most fantastic thing since sliced bread... because they just wont admit it's a pile of poo. Both Sharp and Philips are suing hisense to have them stop using their name (hisense produces TVs for them with) because they produce shoddy equipment so that should tell you about Hisense. Also, I had one... it buzzed like a fridge and forgot all my login details to youtube etc on each power on so I returned it.

Can't really go wrong with an LG. I liked the Sony Bravia too but found the colour was better on an LG. Best advice, go down to somewhere like richer sounds / currys and look at them all on display and decide for yourself which has best picture in your budget.

good luck.

PS if someone says nits / bits when discussing the TV .. just assume they are mentally ill and ignore them..... they probably don't own a 4k tv.

Edited by: "daskapital" 15th Jun

daskapital

OMG don't ask on here man....you will have 50,000 people moaning about … OMG don't ask on here man....you will have 50,000 people moaning about nits and 10bit/12bit all while not actually owning a 4K TV. I like my LG (55E6V which is a bit more than your budget but there are similar cheaper models) but i'm sure someone on here will moan about that one too. I would say to avoid hisense. I know its popular here but they are bad quality. Owners will tell you they are the most fantastic thing since sliced bread... because they just wont admit it's a pile of poo. Both Sharp and Philips are suing hisense to have them stop using their name (hisense produces TVs for them with) because they produce shoddy equipment so that should tell you about Hisense. Also, I had one... it buzzed like a fridge and forgot all my login details to youtube etc on each power on so I returned it. Can't really go wrong with an LG. I liked the Sony Bravia too but found the colour was better on an LG. Best advice, go down to somewhere like richer sounds / currys and look at them all on display and decide for yourself which has best picture in your budget. good luck.PS if someone says nits / bits when discussing the TV .. just assume they are mentally ill and ignore them..... they probably don't own a 4k tv.

If my Hisense was a pile of poo, I would have sent it back.

daskapital

OMG don't ask on here man....you will have 50,000 people moaning about … OMG don't ask on here man....you will have 50,000 people moaning about nits and 10bit/12bit all while not actually owning a 4K TV. I like my LG (55E6V which is a bit more than your budget but there are similar cheaper models) but i'm sure someone on here will moan about that one too. I would say to avoid hisense. I know its popular here but they are bad quality. Owners will tell you they are the most fantastic thing since sliced bread... because they just wont admit it's a pile of poo. Both Sharp and Philips are suing hisense to have them stop using their name (hisense produces TVs for them with) because they produce shoddy equipment so that should tell you about Hisense. Also, I had one... it buzzed like a fridge and forgot all my login details to youtube etc on each power on so I returned it. Can't really go wrong with an LG. I liked the Sony Bravia too but found the colour was better on an LG. Best advice, go down to somewhere like richer sounds / currys and look at them all on display and decide for yourself which has best picture in your budget. good luck.PS if someone says nits / bits when discussing the TV .. just assume they are mentally ill and ignore them..... they probably don't own a 4k tv.

Imagine that... Somebody owns an LG and are praising it whilst knocking other brands!

Avforums have reviewed the HiSense range well, and value for money are very good.

So I can't recommend one brand over another? don't be daft thats what people do. The dude asked for a recommendation I gave one. I gave my reasons why I didn't like Hisense either. Two major manufacturers are suing them for producing crap, and the one I owned was crap.

Why should I not be able to praise one brand and criticise another. In fact if you read carefully I said two brands were good and one I didn't like. I don't think there is anything wrong with this.

Not really bothered what you think either. I only replied because I'm bored.

depends on size, if you're happy with 49" the LG 850V from Curry's

this is the one I would buy with that budget

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

I have the 55" model and our blows me away. I've also had a Phillips and a Hisense, the Phillips was average in all areas, the Hisense had great picture but the software was horrible compared to the LG.

daskapital

So I can't recommend one brand over another? don't be daft thats what … So I can't recommend one brand over another? don't be daft thats what people do. The dude asked for a recommendation I gave one. I gave my reasons why I didn't like Hisense either. Two major manufacturers are suing them for producing crap, and the one I owned was crap. Why should I not be able to praise one brand and criticise another. In fact if you read carefully I said two brands were good and one I didn't like. I don't think there is anything wrong with this. Not really bothered what you think either. I only replied because I'm bored.

My point was that you're criticism of Hisense was only based on your personal opinion where as professional reviewers hugely disagree with your findings. You then comment that people will only praise them because they own them... Something you then did with LG.

Buy a Hisense from either Richer Sounds or John Lewis and you'll get a six or five year warranty respectively. This is pretty good peace of mind.

Note. I do not own a Hisense.
    Edited by: "ipswich78" 15th Jun

ipswich78

My point was that you're criticism of Hisense was only based on your … My point was that you're criticism of Hisense was only based on your personal opinion where as professional reviewers hugely disagree with your findings. You then comment that people will only praise them because they own them... Something you then did with LG.Buy a Hisense from either Richer Sounds or John Lewis and you'll get a six or five year warranty respectively. This is pretty good peace of mind.Note. I do not own a Hisense.

No. My criticism was not just based on my personal views. as I stated twice now... two manufacturers are suing them. but lets ignore that and say it's just my personal opinion.

I dont really care what some review website says about it. I've worked for a large publisher in central london... all their "expert" reviewers were 18 year old kids writing for minimum wage... so yeah ... expert opinion... oh and they got paid off by apple for good reviews so hell knows what reviews were legit and which were sponsored.

You think Hisense is great... good for you... I don't ... and neither does Sharp or Philips...why does everyone think that ONLY their opinion is valid and that all others are rubbish.

TheKapital... nice nick... signed up today with that nick did you? I bet you are ipswitch78 on another account.

LG are for poseurs are they? well hisense must be for idiots then.

sorry app keeps closing when I post comment

daskapital1 h, 16 m ago

No. My criticism was not just based on my personal views. as I stated …No. My criticism was not just based on my personal views. as I stated twice now... two manufacturers are suing them. but lets ignore that and say it's just my personal opinion. I dont really care what some review website says about it. I've worked for a large publisher in central london... all their "expert" reviewers were 18 year old kids writing for minimum wage... so yeah ... expert opinion... oh and they got paid off by apple for good reviews so hell knows what reviews were legit and which were sponsored. You think Hisense is great... good for you... I don't ... and neither does Sharp or Philips...why does everyone think that ONLY their opinion is valid and that all others are rubbish.TheKapital... nice nick... signed up today with that nick did you? I bet you are ipswitch78 on another account. LG are for poseurs are they? well hisense must be for idiots then.

Ipswitch78? Eh

Avforums is a highly respected website within the AV sector. I didn't question your opinion although it does sound very substantiated. Whilst everybody is indeed allowed an opinion some are more valid than others.

Original Poster

thanks all. chuckling to myself...a 59 year old woman being called a dude X) X)
    LG in Currys looks good. I'll look at all recommended though. thanks again x

Avoid samsung support is very bad as I have an on going issie been 3 weeks now they wont send an engineer as they can't tell what part is causing the issue been sending pics .most would jyst collect the tv

Sony or lg ok
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?620
      2. Wallpaper and PVA55
      3. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private55
      4. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11

See more discussions