Found 10th Jun
Hello,

I have roughly 60k BA avios points and all the reward flights that BA gives are feeling like not the best value for the points. I am wondering what do the good folks here do with their points and whats the best use for them - value wise?

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

We use Avios with an Amex 2-4-1 voucher to buy First or Club World flights. You pay the Avios price for 1 seat rather than 2.

Have a read of HeadForPoints and they will give you ideas on how to spend, extend and keep value with your Avios. It really depends on what you want, we want First class travel for taxes and Avios, you may not want the same.

We've used ours to book hotel rooms and for car hire. We would struggle to use them for flights so this seemed the best thing for us.

Upgrading to premium economy or business class is good advice. I've found the best value by a long shot is using them in South America with LAN for domestic flights in Peru, Brazil, Chile, Argentina. Amazing value for money when some of the domestic flights are so expensive.

I've not used them in a while as I'm not heading to SA again for a while. The other value for me is heading from Manchester to London as BA only fly this route as it's quicker and cheaper than the train with luggage.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57556
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions