Best used cars £6-8k

Posted 27th Jul 2020
Hey all, I'm in the market for a used car as ours in now circling the drain. we've got £6-8k to play with. nothing too big as parking would be a pain where we live. we've seen a few 2015/2016 Peugeot 2008s with good milage which have caught our eye and that'd be about as big as we'd want to go. in non-covid times we do easily over half of our miles on the motorway so diesel generally preferred.

edit for details:
pre-covid we did around 10k miles a year
5 door hatchback preferred
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
You could probably get a 2016 nissan juke in that range with excellent equipment levels.i.e Satnav dab bluetooth rear view camera.
merc b class w246 sport model,
I would go for a kia, brilliant cars, and the 7 year warranty is good too, me and the missus both have the eco diesel models so get good mileage to the gallon and the road tax is only £20 or £30 per year, a lovely drive too and with that budget you should be able to get a great spec too
I got my focus titanium 2014 plate for 6k few months back, loads of gizmo and gadgets. I originally was after a 2008
Unless you want a list of what cars other people like then you need to be a bit more specific.

what do you intend to use the car for? how many passengers?, estate/hatch/saloon? auto/manual, miles per year? comfort or performance? Happy to run older car or want newer with warranty?
The list is endless
ndyanem27/07/2020 21:38

I got my focus titanium 2014 plate for 6k few months back, loads of gizmo …I got my focus titanium 2014 plate for 6k few months back, loads of gizmo and gadgets. I originally was after a 2008

I grabbed a 2011 plate titanium this year , for £4800 even at is age it has tons of stuff most cars don’t come with now .

Really good cars
Honda civic
Watch a few episodes of 'Scotty' vlogs on YouTube before you decide.

He's slamming a lot of recent car designs as hopelessly over-complex and over-gadgeted. With plastic engine parts that perish, resulting in ruinous repair bills. All this makes cars that could have easily given 15 years/200,000 miles economical service into something to be binned before it's 10 years old.

Educate yourself then choose carefully.
couple of suggestions;

1. Look at Honestjohn.co.uk. You may well find someone else has asked a similar question. The site is a mine of useful info on cars

2. Look at what £8k buys at motorpoint.co.uk. They may not have the car you are looking for but you are likely to get a steer towards which cars feature in your buying list

Based on my son's recent buying experience, be sure to look at annual tax rates early on in the search. In this price bracket, you will hopefully get a £30pa vehicle

good luck
rimalpatel00727/07/2020 23:45

Honda civic

Yep. I have a civic idtec fk3 1.6. Paid 6k, 2 years ago on 32k. Needs to reach 250k before i sell it solid diesel engine. No road tax.. i get 63mpg actual.

Had a civic coupe before this ej6. Solid as a rock.

Want another car in family been lookokg at an fn2 type r aswel.
Edited by: "whosthatlol" 31st Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text