Groups

Best value 8gb card for psp

im looking a for a good value 8gb card for a psp. ive seen cheap pro duo's on dealextreme but there is talk of lagging on fast games and obviously a very slow write time. So whats out there that is the best balance of price and performance??

12 Comments

Banned

Dealextreme = fake.

Ebay = almost certainly fake, end of.

Original Poster

beelzebub;2908229

Dealextreme = fake.Ebay = almost certainly fake, end of.

i know they are fake. i have a 4gb fake card. i can only imaging the 8gb fake is slower to write to.
    What i want to know is where can i find the best 8gb solution which balances price with peformance.

Banned

Buy a legit 8GB MicroSD card (~£16ish), buy a MicroSD -> Pro Duo adapter (~£3ish).. that's the cheapest way unless you're willing to buy another fake then it's off to eBay :giggle:.

Original Poster

do legit micro sd cards have a decent read/write speed compared to pro duos?

Banned

I can vouch for the Sandisk 8GB cards as they're very fast, other brands will likely vary.

I find that the adapter itself limits the performance, there's more than one on the market and some are noticeably quicker than others... I seem to have one of the slower adapters but it does run games stored on the card itself with some intermittent lag..

Not an issue if you're just using it to store music etcetera..

Original Poster

beelzebub;2908493

I can vouch for the Sandisk 8GB cards as they're very fast, other brands … I can vouch for the Sandisk 8GB cards as they're very fast, other brands will likely vary.I find that the adapter itself limits the performance, there's more than one on the market and some are noticeably quicker than others... I seem to have one of the slower adapters but it does run games stored on the card itself with some intermittent lag..Not an issue if you're just using it to store music etcetera..

im actually trying to avoid lag lol. so the adapter will cause lag....are there adapters that avoid lag? or am i best to shell out for a genuine pro duo?
    Its not for music of films, its for games. other media i will just stream from the ps3.

Banned

The adapters are third party...... I haven't seen any manufactured by the major brands. Using one will affect performance.. I know mine easily halves the write / read speed normally achieved and is slower than an original Sony 1GB Pro Duo card (4GB Sandisk MicroSD card + adapter from MyMemory).

I don't find the lag that much of an annoyance but...... others might differ. Up to you at the end of the day :).

You can either go the MicroSD route, buy an 8GB M2 card (comes with DUO adapter) or simply buy an 8GB Pro Duo card.

play.com/Ele…tml

SanDisk 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

£34.99 Free Delivery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

play.com/Ele…tml

Sony 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2

£99.99 Free Delivery

Original Poster

peodude;2908803

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/4949681/SanDisk-8GB-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo/Product.htmlSanDisk 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo£34.99 Free Delivery--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/4993813/Sony-16GB-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-Mark-2/Product.htmlSony 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2£99.99 Free Delivery

ouch lol. though a 16gb would be cool.

Original Poster

csiman;2908944

use this thread rather than starting a new … use this thread rather than starting a new onehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/169419/cheapest-pro-duo-memory-stick-micro/

Too late eh.

For 4GB I'd go for this (definately cheapest)

play.com/Mob…tml

But you want 8GB so you could buy this; play.com/Mob…tml

And get an adapter from here; mymemory.co.uk/Mem…tor

Both have free P&P. Not sure about the read/write speeds though. Tbh I can't see anything requiring more than the maximum read speed from those adapters.

If you wanted to be sure you'd just have to get a pro duo.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764264
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions